"The Shift"

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
What was #9 doing at the end? he got the puck in the skates but skated the other way instead of trying to catch the puck? He was like "ahhh puck gota get away"

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
When you are a fan of a heavy possession team and are also in a division with several possession heavyweights, you see this kind of stuff fairly often.

Oddfello

Jimmy Montrose
Mar 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
What was #9 doing at the end? he got the puck in the skates but skated the other way instead of trying to catch the puck? He was like "ahhh puck gota get away"

Looked like he thought he had kicked the pass to a D-man and was headed up ice for a breakaway.

rho

May 30, 2011
Can't remember the last time it happened?

Preds hemmed the Blues in their zone a couple weeks ago for 1:19 resulting in a goal. This Pens shift was 1:15, almost identical.

They weren't really similar. The Preds "shift" was spent all along the outside, and they scored on their first and only attempt on net. The Penguins had a half dozen attempts on net, although they got lucky that Ryan inexplicably blew the zone despite not having the puck. I'd agree, though, not really worthy of its own thread. Maybe if it'd happened in the finals in a pivotal game it might be.

Last edited:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Ducks 4th Line had "The Shift" of 2006 in game 1 versus Ottawa, didn't result in a goal but got the team real fired up

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Ducks 4th Line had "The Shift" of 2006 in game 1 versus Ottawa, didn't result in a goal but got the team real fired up

You mean 2007?

Also, I remember Mike Fisher having a "The Shift" against the Pens that year.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Came here to say this. It's like every fanbase thinks they've got the REAL "the Shift" when in reality nobody gives a **** about the other 29.

To be fair, as a Sens fan, I'd say the Mike Richards one rises to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad