The Semin is the Debil / Grinders Uber Alles Thread

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
@ChuckGormleyCSN
#CapitalsTalk Say what you want about Troy Brouwer. The guy speaks his mind and we need more players like that.

I will go on record and say we need more... I am sorry I am laughing as I try and type this, we need more reporters like Chuck Gormley. Speaks his mind, in a slow and monotonous way; bonus, while wearing too much pancake makeup. Being a cellar dweller, its the small things to get through the games sometimes.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
One of my favorite Gormley attributes is that he keeps talking even after they cut away from him and the action starts up again on ice. It's not enough that he is god-awful on camera, he has to keep up the drone 10 more seconds. I can only imagine what Locker and Beninati think of the guy.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What exactly did Brouwer say about Semin? I can't find the comments on WaPo site, just an AP story saying there were such comments.

IkeaMonkey*

What exactly did Brouwer say about Semin? I can't find the comments on WaPo site, just an AP story saying there were such comments.

Nothing we didn't already know.

Just that he's happy Semin's gone and the caps are "doing well" without Semin.

Doing Well, being the key words...

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
CSN should of got Alyonka Larinov. She's stuck doing Brooklyn Nets stuff, but can't stop talking hockey on her twitter.

Though I wonder what Maria would think about Ovi's "best friend," traveling with the team.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nothing we didn't already know.

Just that he's happy Semin's gone and the caps are "doing well" without Semin.

Doing Well, being the key words...

Doing well being the words the Semin fans are focusing on? Doing well as in 'not missing him' is what he's clearly referring to. It's not like he's saying the team is doing fantastic overall in the standings just that Semin isn't missed as a teammate.

IkeaMonkey*

Doing well being the words the Semin fans are focusing on? Doing well as in 'not missing him' is what he's clearly referring to. It's not like he's saying the team is doing fantastic overall in the standings just that Semin isn't missed as a teammate.

Is that what the Semin haters are focusing on?

"Doing well" when talking about a team that's doing pretty poorly is a stupid thing to say.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is that what the Semin haters are focusing on?

"Doing well" when talking about a team that's doing pretty poorly is a stupid thing to say.

I think the Semin haters have moved on....it's his fans who can't seem to let it go.

Seems clear to me what Brouwer was saying. They're not missing Semin as a teammate and they're "doing well" in that sense. It's his opinion so who cares really. I'm sure there's at least 1 guy on the team who misses Semin.

Halpysback*

Brouwer says we're "not missing him" because him leaving is the #1 reason Troy Brouwer is now set for life. You can bet your ass Troy Brouwer is happy that pig in **** that Semin is gone and he's being paid to be his replacement.

IkeaMonkey*

I think the Semin haters have moved on....it's his fans who can't seem to let it go.

Seems clear to me what Brouwer was saying. They're not missing Semin as a teammate and they're "doing well" in that sense. It's his opinion so who cares really. I'm sure there's at least 1 guy on the team who misses Semin.

I'm glad the team has a locker room that is "doing well" while losing games. It really drills home confidence in me as a fan that the locker room is "happy" being dog **** terrible.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm glad the team has a locker room that is "doing well" while losing games. It really drills home confidence in me as a fan that the locker room is "happy" being dog **** terrible.

Part of rebuilding a dysfunctional roster is getting team chemistry back in order. If the coach and GM are doing their job, wins should follow once everyone is back on the same page in the lockerroom.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No better leader in the game.

Until Brooks Laich says something, than you knee-jerkers, over-reactors will be coming out of the wood work to castigate him.

So what are we fearing that Brouwer has given bulletin board material to the Canes and Semin. Oh Please! :help:

If anything, Semin may get frustrated quicker than we are accustomed to and start hooking Caps. That will work in the Caps favor as the Caps currently have the 2nd best PP in the league and the Canes have the 24th best PK. BTW Caps PK is 22nd and Canes PP is 21st. Unleash the Semin.

IkeaMonkey*

Part of rebuilding a dysfunctional roster is getting team chemistry back in order. If the coach and GM are doing their job, wins should follow once everyone is back on the same page in the lockerroom.

Need that new team chemistry, dat swag.

7582178976_9dfee57483_z.jpg

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Ugh, the more I think about it, the more annoyed I am with Brouwer's remarks. All he did was fire up the Canes to beat the Caps even more. I am a Sasha fan, but seriously, Brouwer's words were fightin' words. What is wrong with him? He comes off as a jealous child sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad