OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Beato has some interesting stuff. I don't watch much of his music theory because, I mean, there's a reason I'm a drummer. What do I care for a Lydian scale. But his What Makes This Song Great vids are almost always top notch.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Beato has some interesting stuff. I don't watch much of his music theory because, I mean, there's a reason I'm a drummer. What do I care for a Lydian scale. But his What Makes This Song Great vids are almost always top notch.

I enjoy his stuff. It is humbling how amazing any session musician is at, well, anything musical. And he taught his kid perfect pitch which is wild.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I don't always go for metalcore type songs but man, I freaking love Crystal Lake.

The melodic-ness, the guitar tone, Ryo slaying vocals, that kickdrum!

Reactions: Syrinx

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Lollapalooza is going to be on Hulu starting Thursday. Info and band lineup here. Modest Mouse is one of the ones I recognized.

Some of the bands you all talk about will be there. You can see it on a free hulu trial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Lollapalooza is going to be on Hulu starting Thursday. Info and band lineup here. Modest Mouse is one of the ones I recognized.

Some of the bands you all talk about will be there. You can see it on a free hulu trial.

Tuned in for a bit yesterday and caught a band called Backseat Lovers? They were actually really good which was pleasantly surprising for me (not a fan of most new popular music).

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
That Lollapalooza lineup is really something.

First, disavow yourselves that kids today listen to these bands. I guarantee even music bloggers have not heard of 50% of these groups. For me, probably under 20% excluding the headliners.

Almost 100% of the names that interest me here are rappers. But at a large outdoor festival? Nah, that music needs to be enclosed in a smaller space to maximize low end sound and vocal clarity (IMO).

I mean, it's a party, not a statement on Today's Music. And also, band discovery is a big pleasure for festivals like this. You don't really need to know who's who going in.

(I don't know who this post is for)

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Festivals are weird as shit and should only be experienced on drugs or under the influence of nostalgia.

I take pride in my last festival experience being me skipping Beck at Sasquatch because my back hurt too much.

5FzOaRQLR_K0G9iUOV9K-_l2cNM=.gif

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad