Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I’ll be the dude fighting the guy in the leafs jersey lol

Isn’t it funny though I never thought I’d be so excited for a vaccine
I liked the fact they contacted you by email (I gather, some others via text) and one just booked he appointment online. No long waits on the phone doing it the old way. Progress!

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I liked the fact they contacted you by email (I gather, some others via text) and one just booked he appointment online. No long waits on the phone doing it the old way. Progress!
One of the smoothest bookings I’ve had. I go Tuesday. My buddy went today said it took about 40 minutes total.

Reactions: Hit the post

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I got Moderna
I hear thats normal on the second dose of moderna/pfizer. Im due for my second dose sometime the next month or so and heard that the pfizer one really knocks ya down on the second dose and the Astra Zenico one not so much so wondering if they mix up the doses might work better

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
I hear thats normal on the second dose of moderna/pfizer. Im due for my second dose sometime the next month or so and heard that the pfizer one really knocks ya down on the second dose and the Astra Zenico one not so much so wondering if they mix up the doses might work better
I think you have to get the same type both times. I would assume there hasn’t been any trials done with taking different brands together so I doubt they’d let you do it. For me it was just like having a 24-hour flu. Not fun but didn’t feel like I was dying or anything.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I think you have to get the same type both times. I would assume there hasn’t been any trials done with taking different brands together so I doubt they’d let you do it. For me it was just like having a 24-hour flu. Not fun but didn’t feel like I was dying or anything.

There's been talk about - and I believe some trials elsewhere - mixing vaccine doses as a contingency plan if there isn't enough supply of the AZ due to India being in such crisis. I think that's largely going away as they expect to be filling in what they need with doses now coming from the US.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
There's been talk about - and I believe some trials elsewhere - mixing vaccine doses as a contingency plan if there isn't enough supply of the AZ due to India being in such crisis. I think that's largely going away as they expect to be filling in what they need with doses now coming from the US.
It’s crazy that in most countries it’s hard to get a vaccine but here in the US they are finding it hard to get people to take it. I got an “emergency alert” on my phone the other day saying that I don’t even need an appointment in my city; I just need to go in and they’ll give me a shot.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It’s crazy that in most countries it’s hard to get a vaccine but here in the US they are finding it hard to get people to take it. I got an “emergency alert” on my phone the other day saying that I don’t even need an appointment in my city; I just need to go in and they’ll give me a shot.

To be fair not really. Percentages will vary from country to country but the majority are going to have their own anti-vax base, the US was just able fill their vaccine production quota way ahead of everyone else so that they're the first to run up against this wall.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Canada also hits a bit of a wall after a majority of the population gets their vaccination. If I'm not mistaken, they're running into this problem elsewhere as well. You just have to hope that there are enough folks to drag the others kicking and screaming into the future along with them - same as always.

Reactions: lindgren

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
To be fair not really. Percentages will vary from country to country but the majority are going to have their own anti-vax base, the US was just able fill their vaccine production quota way ahead of everyone else so that they're the first to run up against this wall.
I meant that it’s crazy that at the same time one place has vaccines they can’t give away there are others that can’t get enough vaccines to give people. Just funny how the world works.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Canada also hits a bit of a wall after a majority of the population gets their vaccination. If I'm not mistaken, they're running into this problem elsewhere as well. You just have to hope that there are enough folks to drag the others kicking and screaming into the future along with them - same as always.

Vaccine passports need to be as widely used as possible to incentivize vaccinations.

You want to be a plague rat? Fine, but that doesn’t mean just no travel ... it means no restaurants, no public gatherings like concerts or NHL games. Tough shit.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
You want to be a plague rat? Fine, but that doesn’t mean just no travel ... it means no restaurants, no public gatherings like concerts or NHL games. Tough shit.

Think about it from a businesses perspective: if they can guarantee that their bar/restaurant/business only lets in other vaccinated people who show valid vax passport, there will be a massive consumer confidence in patronizing those businesses, and those will be the businesses that will have their restrictions lifted sooner.

As a business owner, you give yourself the absolute best shot at not having your business restricted or straight up shut down by an outbreak, and....your customers won't get ill or die as a result of catching it at your business (possible liability)

As a country it would be absolutely asinine to not require proof of vaccination to prevent future outbreaks.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
So...shooting at the airport, huh?

It's out of control. Here's the front window of the cop that was pursuing the shooter.

20210510_122740.jpg

That's a little close for comfort.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It's out of control. Here's the front window of the cop that was pursuing the shooter.

View attachment 432206

That's a little close for comfort.

A bystander was hit in the shooting in Burnaby the other day. While it's not at the same level as the favelas in Rio or Johannesburg, it's getting to the point where you need to be vigilant of your surroundings now.

A reminder to never make eye contact with a shooter. Just run.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
One of the smoothest bookings I’ve had. I go Tuesday. My buddy went today said it took about 40 minutes total.

got my jab today from parking the car to driving out of the parking lot it took 27 minutes total.

was super impressed the cloverdale rec centre was knocking people out left and right

Reactions: xtra and Zombotron

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
10 shootings in 3 weeks in the lower mainland, and a lot of them are brazen, broad daylight in heavily crowded areas, too. Frightening as hell. :(

the "so called gangsters have no disregard for the public. weather they're at a park/ restaurants or whatever. sooner or later innocent bystanders will get hit by a bullet. everyday

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Really liking craft beers these days, this Park Sesh Lager from Stanley Park Brewing is a nice clean lager :nod:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pfizer yesterday, then took an advil preemptively.

Thought I had a little pain in my shoulder, then realized it was the other shoulder. (I am getting old). Now I have to be extra careful for 3 weeks because it would really suck to catch it while immunity is building.

On another topic, nothing will bring back the lost decade of the Benning/Weisbrod craptastic cluster**** of setting the club back from ever competing for a Cup, but here is something to brighten your day:

And for those of you mouth-breathers who need lyrics (you know who you are - and so do I, Mr C):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad