OT: The Second OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Really liking craft beers these days, this Park Sesh Lager from Stanley Park Brewing is a nice clean lager :nod:

If you can find it, there's a brewery in Abby that has a strawberry kiwi wheat beer that is the shit.

IMG_0671-scaled-e1617991673274-680x1024.jpeg

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Quite the ending. I was watching the Barca game when I heard about what happened.
It wasn’t only the fact that a goalkeeper scored, but it was also basically going to be the end of Liverpool’s Champions League qualification hopes and that he is dad had died only a few months ago. All combined, it was just one of those moments in sports, IMO.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Figured the folks here at HF Van would get a kick out of my miserable luck.

So I've had a bunch of Air Miles accumulating for a while. I like collecting hockey jerseys and memorabilia, so my interest was piqued by the AJ Sports World Mystery Box - every box includes 1 autographed jersey, 1 autographed 8x10 photo, and 1 autographed puck. Completely random - could be a current NHLer (McDavid! Panarin! Marner! screamed the advertisements), or a retired Hall of Famer (Orr! Howe! Lafleur! screamed the adverts). So I talked it over with Mrs. C and we thought the idea of unpacking a mystery box would be kind of fun, and in the absence of being able to use our miles to go anywhere, we decided why not?

So today, the box arrives. My boys come over to join in the unboxing.

First up - the photo. An 8x10 of Aaron Ekblad of the Florida Panthers. Not bad.

Second up - the puck. Autographed by Nashville's Pekka Rinne. Also pretty solid!

Then the jersey. I can see it's blue (dare I hope it's Canucks?), but I also immediately note it's not the right shade. So not the Canucks. I can't see the number. All I can see is the nameplate.

Clarkson.

That's right - my autographed jersey was a Toronto Maple Leafs David f***ing Clarkson jersey. Mrs. C thought I'd lost it because I was laughing so hard at my own rotten luck. When I informed her that he was on virtually every single "worst free agent signing in NHL history list", and that the jersey was negative value and I'd be unlikely to even be able to pay a die hard Leafs fan to take it, she and my sons ended up joining in my laughter.

This was not my day! :laugh:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Figured the folks here at HF Van would get a kick out of my miserable luck.

So I've had a bunch of Air Miles accumulating for a while. I like collecting hockey jerseys and memorabilia, so my interest was piqued by the AJ Sports World Mystery Box - every box includes 1 autographed jersey, 1 autographed 8x10 photo, and 1 autographed puck. Completely random - could be a current NHLer (McDavid! Panarin! Marner! screamed the advertisements), or a retired Hall of Famer (Orr! Howe! Lafleur! screamed the adverts). So I talked it over with Mrs. C and we thought the idea of unpacking a mystery box would be kind of fun, and in the absence of being able to use our miles to go anywhere, we decided why not?

So today, the box arrives. My boys come over to join in the unboxing.

First up - the photo. An 8x10 of Aaron Ekblad of the Florida Panthers. Not bad.

Second up - the puck. Autographed by Nashville's Pekka Rinne. Also pretty solid!

Then the jersey. I can see it's blue (dare I hope it's Canucks?), but I also immediately note it's not the right shade. So not the Canucks. I can't see the number. All I can see is the nameplate.

Clarkson.

That's right - my autographed jersey was a Toronto Maple Leafs David f***ing Clarkson jersey. Mrs. C thought I'd lost it because I was laughing so hard at my own rotten luck. When I informed her that he was on virtually every single "worst free agent signing in NHL history list", and that the jersey was negative value and I'd be unlikely to even be able to pay a die hard Leafs fan to take it, she and my sons ended up joining in my laughter.

This was not my day! :laugh:

I wonder if that's something Toronto based jersey collector and media type Jeff Veillette would be interested in. It's got the cache of being one of the worst free agent signings ever.

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette maybe you could recoup something for it.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Anyone else here play Rocket League? I've started playing this year and with the news today then I'll be playing it more as I wind down my interest in the Canucks more and more. Hope to keep in touch with more of you guys/gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->