OT: The Second OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That's usually what you hear. People being worried going into it and soon after saying "why didn't I do this sooner?!!"

The only ones I've personally encountered that "had trouble" didn't follow the recovery and PT plan portion of things.

Glad to hear you are doing well with it!

And yet it's sooo much better than 5 weeks ago before the surgery. My strength tests day before the surgery were 0/5 to 2/5. These are simple things like sit on a solid surface. Lift your thigh up against someones hand applying a small resistance. I scored a 0...I couldn't lift the right side even 1 mm with no applied resistance. 2 weeks post-op check up I scored 5/5 across all of the tests. It was that dramatic.
You had a catheter put in before your procedure? Man, I had thing "stuck" in me once. *THAT* got me more scared than the operation I had!:laugh: Getting *THAT* shoved up 'you know where' is damn scary.:laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
You had a catheter put in before your procedure? Man, I had thing "stuck" in me once. *THAT* got me more scared than the operation I had!:laugh: Getting *THAT* shoved up 'you know where' is damn scary.:laugh:

Luckily no catheter. That’s my biggest fear! It was a quick procedure…about 45-60 minutes under general. Check in at 6:30 am and home by noon.

I do apparently now hold the record for the surgeon assistant’s career on the amount of force he had to use to get the joint to pop/open.

Reactions: Hit the post

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I just watched the Dr. Death series and will need some good amount of time to forget about it before I go in for a surgery again. Luckily there's nothing on the immediate horizon.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Jesus. Whatever you believe (no matter how stupid), how can you be ok with impeding an ambulance? Imagine if someone died because they couldn't get to them in time, or get them to the hospital in time. f***ing scumbags.

Reactions: m9

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jesus. Whatever you believe (no matter how stupid), how can you be ok with impeding an ambulance? Imagine if someone died because they couldn't get to them in time, or get them to the hospital in time. f***ing scumbags.

These people are absolute human shit. A perfect storm of abject stupidity, ignorance, and just being all around terrible human beings.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Garbage people.

as you stated who cares how you feel on this subject for the protest, let the emergency vehicle through!

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The protest at the Victoria parliament today was absolutely rabid today.

Saw the following things: Q Anon stickers and iconography, People's Party of Canada signs and stickers, PPC candidate speak absolute nonsense, Infowars flag, "Dont tread on me" flag, children holding anti vax signs, dude screaming "they took our jobs" with no additional context, multiple people comparing this to the holocaust, "Heil Henry", co-option of pro-choice abortion language "my body my choice", "over my dead body sign" (yeah no shit thats pretty likely), white nationalist hand signals (OK hands), Pepe frogs and Wojacks, Ivertimicin cures Covid signs, people yelling crap about the constitution (what constitution is that?).

One thing that really stood out, and this could be a Victoria demographic thing, that there was not a single non-white person in the crowd.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Whats deeply ironic is that those who were blocking the emergency vehicles/impeding healthcare workers is that a) they are the kind of people who complain about the peaceful pipeline protests that might redirect traffic saying "I would have had sympathy for your cause (lol yeah right)...but you made me 10 minutes late" or "they should bulldoze these law breakers!" and b) these are the people who will be the last thing you see before they intubate you because you decided not to take a free, highly effective, and safe vaccine.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
The protest at the Victoria parliament today was absolutely rabid today.

Saw the following things: Q Anon stickers and iconography, People's Party of Canada signs and stickers, PPC candidate speak absolute nonsense, Infowars flag, "Dont tread on me" flag, children holding anti vax signs, dude screaming "they took our jobs" with no additional context, multiple people comparing this to the holocaust, "Heil Henry", co-option of pro-choice abortion language "my body my choice", "over my dead body sign" (yeah no shit thats pretty likely), white nationalist hand signals (OK hands), Pepe frogs and Wojacks, Ivertimicin cures Covid signs, people yelling crap about the constitution (what constitution is that?).

One thing that really stood out, and this could be a Victoria demographic thing, that there was not a single non-white person in the crowd.
Was the same thing outside City Hall today too. The poster for it said the protest would be at VGH but was more at City Hall, but wtf why would they have it at the biggest hospital in Western Canada? Inconsiderate selfish people

Saw some of the most DISGRACEFUL signs you could think of, like:
Unvaxed Lives Matter

How f***ing racist to downsplay BLM by somehow making the two things on the same level

Also PPC signs, another saying Trudeau=communism (like handing power to the working class is Trudeaus thing lol) - trying to be as uneducated and ignorant as possible

Reactions: timw33 and racerjoe

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Was the same thing outside City Hall today too. The poster for it said the protest would be at VGH but was more at City Hall, but wtf why would they have it at the biggest hospital in Western Canada? Inconsiderate selfish people

Saw some of the most DISGRACEFUL signs you could think of, like:
Unvaxed Lives Matter

How f***ing racist to downsplay BLM by somehow making the two things on the same level

Also PPC signs, another saying Trudeau=communism (like handing power to the working class is Trudeaus thing lol) - trying to be as uneducated and ignorant as possible

Uneducated conspiracy theory white trash assholes. When shit hits the fan and their trash ass gets covid stuck in the ICU, can’t say we told them so.

Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad