Post-Game Talk (GBU): The scoring scared the Devil out of them!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Stepping on a team when they're down is so un-Sabre-like that it's refreshing when they do so.

Funny that 14 guys picked up a point tonight. Maybe this gives Housley the confidence to put Thompson up with Skinner when Jack returns so he can work that Reinhart line in since it was at least dangerous even if they didn't convert on a fistful of quality chances.
G
couldnt agree more and i think will see that plus pilut and dahlin on pp..

It took a leader to start stepping on necks (Jeffrey) and mitts to finish..

aparrently our two "star" players are named after a halucinogenic multi doob and a tasty push of persian.. the kids are alright..

My play of the year goes to ..,Mr Jake McCabe blockin a shot while the game was still in doubt , deciding , not limp to the bench after one great play , encouraged by our own talented monkey boy (sorry erod) , skating hard and catching up while in pain to finish a great head fake and slick accurate pass for the deathblow stomping on their neck.. very Sabre~like (just not this decade).

B.. sometimes it takes a star to be sidelined for your team to stop watching and depending on him..

U.. the devils look worse than the tank sabres.. hopefully we made them look that way ..

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Samson with a dominant 5v5 performance tonight. 77% CF. The whole team was great - this was an absolute beat-down, but Sam was the best.
He is very subtle.. you have to pay attention watching him , to appreciate his skill, vision and touch... if he hits the weight room and becomes stronger on the puck he may be dominant but in a different way than Capn Jack. .. If..

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Total dominantion in play and the score reflected that.

Holy Tage Thompson. He was a beast. He's a really fun player to watch and it's only going to get better as he matures Gotta give JB tons of credit for keeping the guy up when nobody else wanted it.

I still can't get used to the idea that we have Dahlin. I think it's going to take years before I stop thinking "I can't believe we have this guy" every time he touches the puck.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Glad to have Girgensons back, though I don't remember a particularly standout moment

I just feel better with him in the lineup.
He doesn't do dumb shit like some other members of the team. He gets the puck out, stays in lanes and stays with his assignment on d and he uses his speed to forecheck and cycle. This is the girgs that I love, hopefully him and Larsson keep feeding off each other.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Thompson made me a believer tonight.

I have been happy with his progress. Was thinking he's gonna be a solid middle 6 winger. Tonight I saw flashes of top line from him. I was impressed.

Also, CJ Smith should never see the AHL again. He's ready. Not gonna be a star but he's solid. I like him a lot.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
Thompson made me a believer tonight.

I have been happy with his progress. Was thinking he's gonna be a solid middle 6 winger. Tonight I saw flashes of top line from him. I was impressed.

Also, CJ Smith should never see the AHL again. He's ready. Not gonna be a star but he's solid. I like him a lot.
TT is a player, he can play..give a year or two build his body...yeah boy.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Glad to have Girgensons back, though I don't remember a particularly standout moment

I just feel better with him in the lineup.
I remember a shift against NJ's top line, where Girgs didn't get the puck but he was in Hischier's hip pocket on the zone entry forcing a dumpin, then later as Butcher (I think), tried to get a shot on net, Girgensons blocked it with his shin guards from a distance of about 1 foot. And then there was the PK with Larsson. They really got to get the gang back together. Those two together are a PITA and I love it.

Reactions: Wisent42

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Do we re-sign Larsson for a few years to keep a good defensive line intact? Methinks it'd be a smart move. Plus he's a capable third line center (even second line in a pinch). What would you offer him?

3 years, somewhere in the ballpark of 2 mil. Same with girgs, although probably less years

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
Thompson's shot tonight

B:
Thompson's accuracy tonight

Unbelievable:
Thompson's rollercoaster fan support. Where 20 games ago most wanted him put in a barrel and released towards the Falls, now 53 9 72 would be intriguing.
His play can be so drastically different this season from game to game stretches.

Gotta give the organization credit. The idea that he'd develop in the NHL -- sitting in the press box and struggling through the games he did play in -- seemed loony, but they were right. It worked. Tage has been one of our best players over the last ~10 games or so.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
G: All the Sabres
B: Devils
U: SabreTheWin be all like
PSZkKVw.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad