The Schenns to the Leafs - what would you guys want back?

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Hello Flyer Fans. So, suppose the Leafs wanted Luke and Brayden. What would you want back? Just curious...it was being kicked around on the Leafs board...JVR maybe? :sarcasm: Sorry, little joke there. :laugh: Although, JVR for Luke and Brayden doesn't sound like something I would jump at as a Leaf fan, so maybe it's about right?

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Absolutely not doing the Schenns for JVR. it essentially admitting we lost that trade (which we probably did, although it's very early). Not even Holmgren is that quick to make a move. But hey at least you didn't propose Gardiner for both of them.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We like bad-decent prospects here...

Just to let you know. I feel we will be on the same wavelength.

In all seriousness though Brayden is frankly producing at the same rate (actually slightly higher this year (PPG last year and this) as JVR at the same age, with almost exactly the same minutes and is less streaky and tougher... though he needs to become more involved consistently and assert himself. But he is not as frustrating as JVR was at his age!

So basically I would not want to trade Brayden for JVR... even though I like JVR and feel that management/Lavi never let him become the 60-70 point player he obviously was... 15 mins a game is not how to let someone reach their potential.

Schenn age 20: 0.33 PPG (27PPY)
JVR age 20-21: 0.44 PPG (36PPY)

Schenn age 21: 0.55 PPG (45PPY)
JVR age 21-22: 0.53 PPG (44PPY)

Schenn age 22: 0.61 PPG (50PPY
JVR age 22-23: 0.56 PPG (46PPY)

Last edited:

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Absolutely not doing the Schenns for JVR. it essentially admitting we lost that trade (which we probably did, although it's very early). Not even Holmgren is that quick to make a move. But hey at least you didn't propose Gardiner for both of them.

Yeah, not trolling, I could see the Schenns fitting in well, plus my 2 boys love them. :) It was a sad day when the trade was made, and my oldest still won't take Schenn off his jersey (his name is Luke). They play road hockey as Luke and Brayden all the time...

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Hello Flyer Fans. So, suppose the Leafs wanted Luke and Brayden. What would you want back? Just curious...it was being kicked around on the Leafs board...JVR maybe? :sarcasm: Sorry, little joke there. :laugh: Although, JVR for Luke and Brayden doesn't sound like something I would jump at as a Leaf fan, so maybe it's about right?
Not a whole lot I like about your team so If I was to move both brothers I look at other teams. Sorry buts that's how I roll. Happy bird day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Van fan hijacking the thread but I didn't think I should start a new one. I feel like this idea may have been tossed around on the trades board but I forget the response from Philli fans

Edler for the Schenn brothers

I know Edler has a NTC but I think this is a fair deal, but I don't know enough of Braydens potential to say.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Edler for the Schenns isn't a bad proposal. I might be interested in that depending on how Brayden's performing at the deadline. The only reason I am entertaining this is because we're going to have a bigger role to fill when Timonen departs than is presented by rading either of them.

That said, our defense has looked pretty good this year and our offense is mediocre at best right now and Brayden's current production plus upside make him a neccesity. I'm also sort of married to this duo after we gave up Richards and JVR for the two of them (+Simmonds and a 2nd).

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Van fan hijacking the thread but I didn't think I should start a new one. I feel like this idea may have been tossed around on the trades board but I forget the response from Philli fans

Edler for the Schenn brothers

I know Edler has a NTC but I think this is a fair deal, but I don't know enough of Braydens potential to say.

This is the -12 Edler with the $5mil contract that the entire Vancouver fanbase want to ship out?

You might get one Schenn.

TortorellaReamsOutEdler.gif

Last edited:

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I almost want to trade the Schenns just so I can stop reading trade proposals with them involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad