The Scheifele appreciation thread

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A superstar. Built for the regular season and proving to be built even more for the playoffs. 14 goals in 15 games thus far. A proven PPG 82 point 2 way Center with grit, size and skill. A student of the game who does all the right things to be a great player. Time to give Scheifele his due. Only a few select players that have done it in the regular season and playoffs better.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Just wish PoMo tells the team to play a cross ice style now instead of a half ice speed attack.

Almost like a 3rd 4th line style, but use the skill if given.

Chef is still doing okay but it has to be a team style. CHANGE!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Scheifele is my favorite player in the league, He has raised his game this PO's to a level that few in the league have ever done but I think a lot of Scheifele's success is because he plays with Wheeler. This is also true for Wheeler. Since Wheeler has had Scheifele as his C he went from a 60+ player to a 80+ player. These two players complement each other to such a extent that they may be the best duo in the league.

Reactions: rosenqvist

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Would be a top 5 NHL player if his skating was better. He’s come so far already in that regard though, he’s a gem and the crown jewel of the Jets drafting success.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Stud. I think it was Sportsnet who did a long video piece on him last season and showed him at home hosting a bunch of teammates to do what else - watch hockey. He is a true student of the game, hockey obsessed. He reminds me of Crosby.

Reactions: rosenqvist

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Would be a top 5 NHL player if his skating was better. He’s come so far already in that regard though, he’s a gem and the crown jewel of the Jets drafting success.
Scheifele is a very very good skater. Fastest Jet in a straight line. Has zero issues with his skating, absolutely none.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Scheifele is a very very good skater. Fastest Jet in a straight line. Has zero issues with his skating, absolutely none.

Except his acceleration isn’t elite and his legs aren’t particularity strong. Hard time believing he’s faster than Wheeler. He’s not a bad skater, but he’s not elite unlike the rest of his skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad