Speculation: The Sabres Need a Coaching Change

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
What's the consensus in here about interest in a job with the Sabres among potential head coaches?

At first thought the answer would be "no way I'm getting involved in that mess". And yet the Sabres are so young, and have such an impressive array of talent. I'd have to think at least some of the obvious candidates would be intrigued by the challenge of taking an immature, unstructured, unprepared, underperforming team to new heights.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What's the consensus in here about interest in a job with the Sabres among potential head coaches?

At first thought the answer would be "no way I'm getting involved in that mess". And yet the Sabres are so young, and have such an impressive array of talent. I'd have to think at least some of the obvious candidates would be intrigued by the challenge of taking an immature, unstructured, unprepared, underperforming team to new heights.
Oh, there would be no consensus here on that topic. Both of your viewpoints would be argued to death.

What it comes down to is -- some coaches (veteran and rising) would not want to come anywhere near this situation. Other coaches will see all the potential in the system, with a sound cap structure with room to add necessary pieces........and salivate.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad