The Rochester Americans 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Yes that was my point. 2 years in a row so it seems they've settled on weekday games. 2 years prior were both weekend games I believe.

2012-13 was a Saturday night during Khawks season and 2011-12 was a Tuesday during the lockout and a Friday during Christmas when the Amerks were already home on Wednesday and Saturday.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Brad E. Schlossman @SchlossmanGF -
Hearing that former BSU Beaver D Matt Prapavessis will sign a tryout and go to training camp with Buffalo.

Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects -
Tryout stuff - Prapavessis - 24 - finished last season on ATO with Rochester (10 GP - 0-1-1) - skated in Development Camp. #Sabres

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Amerks HOFer and (later) legendary coach of the Islanders' dynasty, Al Arbour, passed away a few days ago at 82. (Rochester D & C article.)

New news to me was that he actually got his first coaching experience while with the Amerks, taking over the role in practices where Joe Crozier was absent.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Matt MacKenzie won't be returning to Rochester, as he signed with Manchester:
Manchester, NH – The Manchester Monarchs, ECHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, announced Sunday the signings of defensemen R.J. Boyd and Matt MacKenzie for the 2015-16 season.
MacKenzie is a 6-foot-1, 182-pound right shot, originally drafted 83rd overall in the same 2010 draft, by the Buffalo Sabres. MacKenzie split last season with the Elmira Jackals and Rochester Americans.

The New Westminster, B.C. native played in 55 combined games last season, scoring 8 points on three goals and five assists, while recording 90 penalty minutes. MacKenzie’s best professional season to date came in 2013-14 while playing for Rochester, when he posted 10 points on two goals and 8 assists, registering 84 penalty minutes and a team best +11 rating.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
I'm just glad they finally figured out not to take a weekend game away from the Rochester fans.

Thing is, I'd be much more likely to consider going to Buffalo for a game if it was on a Saturday, at least that way you could make a day out of it. Rushing to Buffalo after work in the middle of the week isn't all that appealing to me personally.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Thing is, I'd be much more likely to consider going to Buffalo for a game if it was on a Saturday, at least that way you could make a day out of it. Rushing to Buffalo after work in the middle of the week isn't all that appealing to me personally.
That's true but I am firmly opposed to taking away any prime dates from Rochester.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
That's true but I am firmly opposed to taking away any prime dates from Rochester.

But you don't really know what the date would have been in Rochester. A Saturday night Buffalo game "could" have been a Wednesday night Rochester game and the Wednesday Buffalo game right now "could" have been a Friday night Rochester game in theory, it's arbitrary. It's not like the league mandates you must have a certain number of games on each night, look at Syracuse. They almost exclusively play on the weekends at home.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@kevinoDandC - There's a reason you haven't heard anything about former #Amerks captain Drew Bagnall signing a new contract.

Drew Bagnall, who personified grit and a team-first style for eight pro seasons, has retired from hockey.
His mind and heart were likely willing to continue but his body has been battered from a career of jarring hits, net-mouth battles and protect-his-teammates determination.
Injuries limited him to just 41 games last season, and he played in only 51 the year before, his first with the Rochester Americans.
He said on Sunday night via text message that he has "decided to hang 'em up" and that's he's "looking for a big-boy job in the real world."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...merks-captain-bagnall-calling-quits/71488836/

@AmerksHockey - Thank you to our former Captain for two great seasons and best wishes with your future endeavors. #AmerksPride
@RobSandersonPxP - One of my favorite people to talk with over the past couple years. Best of luck with the next chapter Bags!
@SabresProspects - Fun watching him back to his St. Lawrence days (when he played w/ Matt Generous). Hard nosed. Great team guy.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@AmerksHockey - #Amerks set to host @BSens_Hockey on Thursday, October 1 for some preseason action.
@AmerksHockey - The #Amerks will complete the home-and-home preseason series by traveling to Binghamton on Saturday, October 3.

The Rochester Americans announced today that the team will play two preseason games against the Binghamton Senators.
One of those games will be in Rochester at the Gene Polisseni Center on the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
That game will be played on Thursday, October 1 at 7:05 pm ET.

Tickets are now on sale for just $5.00 at the Polisseni Center Box Office, online or at the Amerks Main Office located at The Blue Cross Arena.
RIT students can purchase tickets for $3.00. All tickets for the game will be General Admission.
Amerks Season Ticket Members - (Full Season - Half Season - Freedom Pack) can reserve their complimentary tickets (one per season seat) to the preseason game at www.amerks.com/preseason. They can also get additional tickets for $3.00 each.

On Saturday, October 3, the Amerks will travel to face the Senators at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton at 7:05 pm ET.

http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=1343

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
‏@kevinoDandC - September 3 -
Single-Game #Amerks Tickets go on sale Tuesday at 10:00 am ET.
#Amerks have added young-child (Age - 2-6) discount of $10 per ticket with full-price ticket purchase.
Military/Student discount of $10-$18.
Ticket prices are on the rise for the #Amerks.
2014 - 2015 - $13 - $21 - $23 - $25.
2015 - 2016 - $14 - $23 - $25 - $27.

‏@AmerksHockey - September 3/September 5 -
We hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! Don't forget! Individual game tickets go on sale on Tuesday!
New This Year! Kids Ticket Pricing - Kids Age 2-6 - $10 per seat with purchase of an Adult Ticket at the Box Office! 2 and Under Free Admission!
http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=1345

Last edited:

wheelklown

Dec 19, 2014
Batavia, NY

I'd be cool with that. In his interview on WGR the other day, Justin Bailey talked about Patty being a mentor to him when he came into his first development camp. It would be good to have in Rochester (in addition to Ellis) for guys like Bailey and Baptiste who are coming into their first pro year.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Does anyone have an idea what Rochester will look like opening night? Is something like this a possibility...?

Varone - O'Reilly - Akeson
Roderigues - Schaller - Baptiste
Carrier - Catenacci - Bailey
D'amigo - Ellis - Kaleta

McCabe - Sanguinetti
Donovan - Ruhwedel
Austin - Leduc

Makarov
Lieuwen

Seems like they will have a pretty decent team to at least start the year with good depth up front and a solid top-4 on D. The goalies obviously are a concern though...

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Does anyone have an idea what Rochester will look like opening night? Is something like this a possibility...?

D'amigo - Ellis - Kaleta

McCabe - Sanguinetti
Donovan - Ruhwedel
Austin - Leduc

Makarov
Lieuwen

Seems like they will have a pretty decent team to at least start the year with good depth up front and a solid top-4 on D. The goalies obviously are a concern though...

It's basically correct except that one vet player would have to sit out (likely Ellis or Kaleta).

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

D'amigo - Ellis - Kaleta

McCabe - Sanguinetti
Donovan - Ruhwedel
Austin - Leduc

Makarov
Lieuwen

Dupuy will end up being a contributor for the Amerks this year. He is about 6'4 now and plays like Gaustad just that he is a much better skater. He was very impressive last night shutting down Zacha for most of the game. Amerks fans should be in for a treat this year and if Ullmark is back at Christmas and performs then they have a chance to really compete especially with Cunny behind the bench.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I love the potential of the forwards. I think they'll score enough. The defense has some serious depth issues. Yes the top 4 is good if everyone is healthy, but it drops off a cliff after that. They really need a non-vet defenseman with some AHL experience added. Couple injuries anywhere and that defense will be a disaster.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
D'amigo - Ellis - Kaleta

McCabe - Sanguinetti
Donovan - Ruhwedel
Austin - Leduc

Makarov
Lieuwen

Lots of players up front. Not much room for other players to earn spot(s). Dupuy, Nevins, Jacobs, Kea, Garbowsky, Hohmann

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I love the potential of the forwards. I think they'll score enough. The defense has some serious depth issues. Yes the top 4 is good if everyone is healthy, but it drops off a cliff after that. They really need a non-vet defenseman with some AHL experience added. Couple injuries anywhere and that defense will be a disaster.

Goaltending up in the air, as well. Ullmark out until after Thanksgiving, and they're rolling with the two disasters they trotted out last year. Lieuwen's health is a complete unknown and Makarov is a rollercoaster ride. Perhaps Motte gets in the rotation, but we don't know much about him, either.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Goaltending up in the air, as well. Ullmark out until after Thanksgiving, and they're rolling with the two disasters they trotted out last year. Lieuwen's health is a complete unknown and Makarov is a rollercoaster ride. Perhaps Motte gets in the rotation, but we don't know much about him, either.

Motte had a pretty nice, albeit short, stint in the AHL last year. And he put up consistently good to very good stats in college. I think he has a pretty strong chance of winning the starting role over Lieuwen and Makarov.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad