Salary Cap: The Road to Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Beau and Emerson are best of friends. Would be nice to put them together.

Clendening for Etem.

If NYR just wants to clear up cap space, send them a useless prospect because we have a spot on our roster with no cap issues. Just send back Rust or Khun back down.

I can see that happening.

Trades of conditioning stint players.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I knew Hagelin was on the Ducks but forgot/didn't know Etem was with the Rags. I guess Clendening would be a fair trade. Kind of a wash, but I suppose if I'm choosing I'd say we need young F more than young D.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
:shakehead

You don't read...like at all do you? I'm quoting this so that I can go back and reference your inability or unwillingness to read.

:help:

What? I don't even know why you don't think I read your post.

How would you address the defense if you moved Letang?

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
So bobby Mac says Etam maybe traded today and maybe not, Isn't that the case of all players in the NHL. These so-called insiders can make up or say any _hit they want.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Youd probably get another top 4 dman back. Plus cap space. But if he continues to stay healthy, hes untradable, but one more major injury, just trade him

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So bobby Mac says Etam maybe traded today and maybe not, Isn't that the case of all players in the NHL. These so-called insiders can make up or say any _hit they want.
Sounds to me he was responding to other reports about Etem being trading. And he's saying something is imminent, but it's not an official trade yet.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Youd probably get another top 4 dman back. Plus cap space. But if he continues to stay healthy, hes untradable, but one more major injury, just trade him

It would just be nice if those advocating this move could articulate what type of return they'd expect. Just saying "trade Letang" without explaining how they would adequately replace his services is useless. Now it's possible I missed Sealbound's grand plan but I didn't see it in the post I responded to. pghkev just says stuff and never backs it up when questioned.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

:shakehead

You don't read...like at all do you? I'm quoting this so that I can go back and reference your inability or unwillingness to read.

:help:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Hagelin's one of those guys I change my mind on every couple of minutes.

He's really fast, but not much of a finisher. He's a Grabner type in that he creates a ton of opportunities using his speed but just can't score as often as he probably should to be a legit top six winger.

You're taking a hell of a chance with that contract at that money and that term, but at the same time he's NOT Kunitz and he's NOT Perron.

I don't know man. This team literally has no more margin for error.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

Hopefully the Lightning are horny for Hornqvist.
He won't hurt you but he'll have his nose in the crease and bring lots of energy and grit.
Hornqvist +? for Carle (cap dump) and Drouin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Hopefully the Lightning are horny for Hornqvist.
He won't hurt you but he'll have his nose in the crease and bring lots of energy and grit.
Hornqvist +? for Carle (cap dump) and Drouin

Boy, giving up what little grit we have for someone with NO grit to speak of...yikes. I don't know about that. Wouldn't be willing to take on Carle either. Not adding to Horny either. If they want Horny, straight swap. Even then I may dangle Drouin and see who else might be interested in him. Perhaps Drouin for Beaulieu or similar?

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Boy, giving up what little grit we have for someone with NO grit to speak of...yikes. I don't know about that. Wouldn't be willing to take on Carle either. Not adding to Horny either. If they want Horny, straight swap. Even then I may dangle Drouin and see who else might be interested in him. Perhaps Drouin for Beaulieu or similar?

Hornqvist sucks. If we can salvage what little value he has for Drouin, I'd do it. Carle could possible be a reclamation project. Perhaps involve Cole in a trade to lessen the blow to acquire Carle in a deal with Drouin. We'd be getting the best player in the trade plus we won't run the risk of GMJR trading away what few young assets we have for an overrated top4 D (eg. a repeat of the Despres for Lovejoy debacle).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Hornqvist sucks"

Well that makes it really easy to destroy any credibility you have. Fun stat: despite his struggles this year, Horny still has a pace of 26 goals and 53 points as a Penguin. That's pretty good for someone who "sucks"

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The Pens are already a bit .... Limp... I'd rather not give up Horny.

Could you imagine a player of Drouin's skill and IQ playing with Crosby's skill and IQ? Horny is on the 3rd line right now with new promotion in sight. Kuny can take his place on the PP for the time being. I think Sid prefers it anyway.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I don't know where you're getting that pace for Hornqvist (I guess you're going by his whole career here for some reason?), but regardless I was going to say Hornqvist is one of the guys that can actually end up with a solid season if he has a good second half. He doesn't need to be dealt.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know where you're getting that pace for Hornqvist, but regardless I was going to say Hornqvist is one of the guys that can actually end up with a solid season if he has a good second half. He doesn't need to be dealt.

Hornqvist has 33 goals and 67 points in 104 games while with the Penguins in the regular season. That's a 26-27-53 pace.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who cares about last year? He's having a below average season so far. I'm on your side ultimately though.

I'm not arguing otherwise about him having a poor season this year, but saying Hornqvist sucks is like saying Crosby isn't a PPG player. Him struggling this year doesn't erase his past entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad