Salary Cap: The Road to Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk about you, but I don't know that I'd want to draft Matthews if we got the 1st overall pick. Of course Matthews is elite, but drafting him means you'd have to move one of Sid or Geno. If we somehow managed to get the 1st overall pick, I'd rather trade down (to like 3 or 4) and get a stupid overpayment for the pick.

Can Matthews play LW? I'm running under the idea that he's only a center.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Idk about you, but I don't know that I'd want to draft Matthews if we got the 1st overall pick. Of course Matthews is elite, but drafting him means you'd have to move one of Sid or Geno. If we somehow managed to get the 1st overall pick, I'd rather trade down (to like 3 or 4) and get a stupid overpayment for the pick.

I'd look into trade offers, but the Penguins need young talent. Matthews is elite. And I think he can play wing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd look into trade offers, but the Penguins need young talent. Matthews is elite. And I think he can play wing.

I mean, I'd trade that pick for like the 3rd overall pick and try to grab Chychrun along with whatever else that team would add. If push came to shove, I probably wouldn't have the guts to trade that pick though.

I just read Matthews is also a LW, disregard that. I'd draft him and put him with Sid and Horny.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I would hope if they get a high pick it would be for a elite defenseman with skating and size.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I would hope if they get a high pick it would be for a elite defenseman with skating and size.

CM_9HugUYAAzQLc.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Boy would that be sweet. Maybe like, a 6'4" guy that's mobile and can also play physically, make a good first pass and chip in offensively.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
some guy who threw over 250 hits and had 34 points over his last season?

Man! Does such a player even exist?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Boy would that be sweet. Maybe like, a 6'4" guy that's mobile and can also play physically, make a good first pass and chip in offensively.

Maybe the Ducks have someone like that. We could trade the pick for one of their defensemen! And Pouliot, cause hes a rookie and this team needs veterans for playoff runs. Pouliot and 1st overall should be good for that Despres guy right?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maybe the Ducks have someone like that. We could trade the pick for one of their defensemen! And Pouliot, cause hes a rookie and this team needs veterans for playoff runs. Pouliot and 1st overall should be good for that Despres guy right?

Clayton Stoner

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Other than Chychrun, theres really no D that really stands out in this upcoming draft.

He would the ideal pick if we're picking in the 5-10 range, if he drops that low even.
If not go, C/LW.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Other than Chychrun, theres really no D that really stands out in this upcoming draft.

He would the ideal pick if we're picking in the top 10.
If not go, C/LW.

My sarcasm meter is apparently busted. I was referring to the fact that we already had such a player not all that long ago. I think he now plays for the water fowls though.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
My sarcasm meter is apparently busted. I was referring to the fact that we already had such a player not all that long ago. I think he now plays for the water fowls though.

No, i knew what you were doing. My post is to stand on its own.
No reference to your post.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Can we keep the name being spelled wrong in the title?

If it's not Matthews, take a D or LW, or a centre that can be converted to wing. Chychrun could be the key to a quick fix for the defense.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Although there are some pretty sweet RW's available high like Puuljarvi and Laine.
MacLeod, who's a C, reminds me alot of Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad