The RJ Umberger Appreciation Thread

General Jacket70

Jul 26, 2002
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
Gotta agree with most everything posted so far, especially "soccergate". Man, I remember how we obliterated the Blues that game. That was awesome and it was in large part to Umberger setting the tone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...St-Louis-Blues-soccer-incident?urn=nhl-284700

Him sitting late in the season was a bad sign and, although he didn't say anything at the time, I think it was wise of him to ask for a trade. Luckily for him, he was dealt to a somewhat familiar setting and with some old teammates. So, I wish him the best, just not against the CBJ! :)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Gotta agree with most everything posted so far, especially "soccergate". Man, I remember how we obliterated the Blues that game. That was awesome and it was in large part to Umberger setting the tone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...St-Louis-Blues-soccer-incident?urn=nhl-284700

Him sitting late in the season was a bad sign and, although he didn't say anything at the time, I think it was wise of him to ask for a trade. Luckily for him, he was dealt to a somewhat familiar setting and with some old teammates. So, I wish him the best, just not against the CBJ! :)

"You're building sucks anyway." Priceless.

I rank that line up there with Prospal pointing to the scoreboard.

lotsaluv4cbj

Jun 20, 2011
Blacklick, OH
Gonna miss him! I understand he did what he had to do!

Hope to see him back with the team at some point, even if that means front office, etc.

Just goes to show I really can't buy a jersey or tshirt with any player names of them! But at least I got a lot of wear out of this one!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
The goal I always think of with RJ happened against a team I can't remember- I think it may have been the Blues. Nutmegged a guy, stepped around him and got the puck back and fired it home from around the top of the circle. Pretty bad ass. May have been a game winner

Also a shorty to open the scoring one season, maybe 2011?

Was a big RJ fan when he meant so much to the team. Sorry it ended so, glad to hear he'll always live in Columbus though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad