The Rink team..signing up

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
I love skating out and have the entire time I've played hockey, but seeing as we're missing a goalie I'll sign up for starting goalie. I've played goalie since I was 8 (I'm 24 now). Id consider myself a athletic hybrid goaltender. 6'2 185lb and I catch with my right hand so I **** everyone up. Playstyle? Well I'd consider it similar to Masons rookie year.

nice size, i'll take ya

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Still needing some scoring forwards and a couple of defence men who can light things up from the back.

..and a bar man..cocktails that is.

offensive denfencemen sign me up
5'7 165lbs
14 years old. young prospect that will develop, with the help of the vets

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Team's almost filled, still need:

2RW
3C
4C
4LW
3rd pairing D
A captain

Goonzilla and I have the A's but I don't think either of us are comfortable being the team's leader. Hope whoever steps up as 2RW is captain-worthy.

VaughanBender72, you may be on the 3rd defensive pairing, but since you're an offensive defenseman, you'll be on the 1st PP unit.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
For me a captain has to be one of the better, if not the best player, lead by example and be able to play both a skill based and a grinding physical,game when needed. Somewhere in the middle preferably..and who everyone is happy to follow...and the smarts and articulation to read the game and keep the refs onside.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I sign up for 2nd line Party Jet Center and i don't even get a roster spot?

Bogus. :thumbd:

Pencil me in for #3C and i'll still deliver though. And by that i mean...i'll skate miles, shutdown the other team's top line, break the puck out...and spend the offensive zone time recovering from my Party Jet hangover (and call myself F3 to make it real official like). ;)

Alternatively, i will attempt to fly the plane. I'm not sure if i'm good at that or not, i've never tried it yet.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I wore in the C in high school for two seasons. I am currently my teams captain, but some players don't like my intensity. I don't mind calling people out who get lazy, and I am all for them calling me out if I do. I prefer just honest communcation and what we all need/can do right.

ArcataShark

in dubious battle
Jul 3, 2010
Eugene
So this is what we have so far:

ArcataShark - FLYLine24 - TheGreatOutlaw
Rookie109 - Brunomics - ?????
leftwinger37 - ????? - Goonzilla (A)
????? - ????? - cowboy82nd

Maccas - Lady Justice (A)
Brummie Red - Splitbtw
VaughanBender72 - ?????

BoonesJenner
JoeCool16

:yo::yo::yo:
Team of destiny

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
I was a 3rd liner in juniors, and seem to be destined to be a 3rd here, too.
6'2, 200, RH, always played Centre or on my off wing. Wore the C for two years in Hs because I was a big boy that would defend the boys and always had a tin to share.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I sign up for 2nd line Party Jet Center and i don't even get a roster spot?

Bogus. :thumbd:

Pencil me in for #3C and i'll still deliver though. And by that i mean...i'll skate miles, shutdown the other team's top line, break the puck out...and spend the offensive zone time recovering from my Party Jet hangover (and call myself F3 to make it real official like). ;)

Alternatively, i will attempt to fly the plane. I'm not sure if i'm good at that or not, i've never tried it yet.

Sorry! I miss a few posts here and there when scrolling through.

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
Team's almost filled, still need:

2RW
3C
4C
4LW
3rd pairing D
A captain

Goonzilla and I have the A's but I don't think either of us are comfortable being the team's leader. Hope whoever steps up as 2RW is captain-worthy.

VaughanBender72, you may be on the 3rd defensive pairing, but since you're an offensive defenseman, you'll be on the 1st PP unit.
nice

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
Not sure what qualifications are needed for the last 3rd line D but here goes:

Aging defensive defenceman who has lost a few steps.
5'10" - shoot right - weight back on the uprise since changing from manual labour to the new deskjob.

Never have had a real slap shot.
No longer have the energy to be the super-pest I once was long ago but willing to dig in the corner, throw the body in front of any shot, work hard to get the puck out of the zone. Occasionally attempt cross ice passes when I shouldn't, but usually in neutral ice.

Rarely rush or pinch in but when I do can get "tunnel vision" when over their blueline if no one glaringly open for a pass.
Good pokechecker; not bad at seeing and intercepting long pass attempts.

Almost always one of the first to arrive in the dressing room.
Penalty minutes usually low during regular season, but can rise in the playoffs.

Have the equipment and the minimal experience to be an emergency goalie if no one else can be found last minute.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Guess I'll put my name in for 2RW.

6'0 195, play more of a speed and power game. Don't really have the hands to drive a line but can ride shotgun and support more talented guys. Love to drive the net and crash down low, draw defenders and dish, with a solid cycle game. Physical, can pk, and decent with the mitts off.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Not sure what qualifications are needed for the last 3rd line D but here goes:

Aging defensive defenceman who has lost a few steps.
5'10" - shoot right - weight back on the uprise since changing from manual labour to the new deskjob.

Never have had a real slap shot.
No longer have the energy to be the super-pest I once was long ago
but willing to dig in the corner, throw the body in front of any shot, work hard to get the puck out of the zone. Occasionally attempt cross ice passes when I shouldn't, but usually in neutral ice.

Rarely rush or pinch in but when I do can get "tunnel vision" when over their blueline if no one glaringly open for a pass.
Good pokechecker; not bad at seeing and intercepting long pass attempts.

Almost always one of the first to arrive in the dressing room.
Penalty minutes usually low during regular season, but can rise in the playoffs.

Have the equipment and the minimal experience to be an emergency goalie if no one else can be found last minute.

I think we found our healthy scratch player.

:sarcasm:

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
I think we found our healthy scratch player.

:sarcasm:

Sounds good. Do I get to hang out with the player's wives and girlfriends in the stands and eat low end hockey arena food - like stale nacho chips with radioactive orange cheese?

Can pull me out of the stands if you ever get in a NYR Lester Patrick goaltending situation. I'm only a few years older than he was.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I can play any of the wings or center but prefer left wing. I'm a right handed shot who loves to pass and skates like Derek Stepan (Awkward stride and fall more than Stepan by a long shot) I have a decent shot too but usually am thinking pass first. As long as there's beer I'm in

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can play any of the wings or center but prefer left wing. I'm a right handed shot who loves to pass and skates like Derek Stepan (Awkward stride and fall more than Stepan by a long shot) I have a decent shot too but usually am thinking pass first. As long as there's beer I'm in

Well, the last spot available was 4C, so our team is complete!

ArcataShark - FLYLine24 - TheGreatOutlaw (C)
Rookie109 - Brunomics - 4thline
leftwinger37 - biturbo19 - Goonzilla (A)
lokomotiv15 - pdogfizzle - cowboy82nd

Brummie Red - Splitbtw
VaughanBender72 - grevraven8

BoonesJenner
JoeCool16

Now we need a name.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Well, the last spot available was 4C, so our team is complete!

ArcataShark - FLYLine24 - TheGreatOutlaw (C)
Rookie109 - Brunomics - 4thline
leftwinger37 - biturbo19 - Goonzilla (A)
lokomotiv15 - pdogfizzle - cowboy82nd

Brummie Red - Splitbtw
VaughanBender72 - grevraven8

BoonesJenner
JoeCool16

Now we need a name.

What about uniforms also? Can someone make a jersey for us after we get our name?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Blue and gold works for me... as long as blue's the primary, not the gold. I.e. like the dark Sweden jersey here:

c6193d1c8c.jpg

I think we should stick to black for helmets/gloves/pants though, since I'm a traditionalist, and I play with a black helmet/clear visor (I just double up on the same helmet I use to officiate - ideally I'd like to wear a cage but I just can't be bothered, and I'm too cheap to buy a second helmet).

Socks can be gold with blue stripes or blue with gold stripes, I don't really care. As for our light jersey, we can just use the same design as the blue one, but make the jersey color white. I wouldn't mind some purple or pink tertiary coloring since I'm a girl though :P

Team name? I have a random thoughtless list of a few (some of which are ripped off from former teams just to throw them out there and see if you'll like them):

-Tiananmen Squares
-Ho Chi Minhutemen
-Nihilist Ferrets
-Salt River Lightning
-Rink Rats
-Puck Bunnies
-Miss Conduct
-Hong Kong Ding Dongs
-Cairo Camel Jockeys

The two feminine-themed names will probably be voted against unanimously since I think I'm the only girl on the team. :laugh:

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
Team name? I have a random thoughtless list of a few (some of which are ripped off from former teams just to throw them out there and see if you'll like them):

-Tiananmen Squares
-Ho Chi Minhutemen
-Nihilist Ferrets
-Salt River Lightning
-Rink Rats
-Puck Bunnies
-Miss Conduct
-Hong Kong Ding Dongs
-Cairo Camel Jockeys

The two feminine-themed names will probably be voted against unanimously since I think I'm the only girl on the team. :laugh:

Rink Rats was my first thought just because of the forum name.... That or HFHC if you prefer a more European flavor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad