The Rink team..signing up

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
I'm your third or fourth line winger, bringing some size and intensity, in your face, forechecking, backchecking and jamming the front of the net. Taking a few penalties, but nothing dumb. Happy to wear an 'A'.

Looking for the rest of the team boys and girls..you out there?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Beer league teams with a fourth line? Preposterous, you're a third line winger then.

I'll just slot into whatever D position. I'm a 5'11", 140 lb. LHD (i.e. not strong at all) who's a strong skater with cement hands and just about zero hockey sense. That can make me a points producer if we play lower level but I'll be more of a shutdown defender at higher levels. Because my skating is strong I won't get burned defending the rush but if you're okay with a lot of backdoor goals under sustained pressure because I blew my defensive coverage, then I'm your girl.

I can also be the semi-official backup goalie because while I can play goalie and (well right now I don't but it's only temporary) own goalie equipment, I'm nowhere near as good as a full-time goalie.

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Hey you're versatile..and can ref. You're hired.

This team gonna play 3 X 20 stop clock and a heavy schedule..and take on the world. Full line up.

TheRedShadow

May 1, 2013
6'2" 200lbs, 2nd line D, old, got hockey sense, put my body in the way of pucks when my skating won't do it. Can't hit to save my life. Am I in?

ArcataShark

in dubious battle
Jul 3, 2010
Eugene
I would like to be on this team. Strong on my skates with a usually high amount of intangibles. But I won't block shots or backcheck very hard. I'm in.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
1st line winger or 2nd line center. I am defensively responsible and have very good speed and skating ability. I score my fair share of goals, by crashing the net or with my nasty wrist shot. I have been told I like to stir things up in the corners and around the net with my tenacity and some people don't like that. I also like to shut down the other teams best player and out play them always. That is my favorite part matching up with them and taking them out of the game, but outscoring them as well. Most of the time it works, but sometimes you play against some better players.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'll be the 1st line center. Im about 80% on the draw, will end up in top 3 in goal scoring in the league, and top 10 in points. Smaller forward, just 5'9 but built like a tank at 185. Not afraid to sent up in front of the net to bang in rebounds either. OK defensively and will backcheck but not waste my energy and sprint to get back in the play every time. I dive a lot as well to create lots of PPs for the team.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So this is what we have so far:

ArcataShark - FLYLine24 - TheGreatOutlaw (C)
Rookie109 - Brunomics - 4thline
leftwinger37 - biturbo19 - Goonzilla (A)
lokomotiv15 - ????? - cowboy82nd

Maccas - Lady Justice (A)
Brummie Red - Splitbtw
VaughanBender72 - grevraven8

BoonesJenner
JoeCool16

Yes I like to play the opposite side of the ice of my handedness on D deal with it. Most of you I don't know your handedness so I just made something up.

Last edited:

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I'll take your position as backup goalie, I'm a starter but only in my second season and this rink team won't be winning with me there. It'll free you up to focus solely on your first-pairing defensive duties. Being an Oilers fan, I know just how important a #1D (or the lack of one) is! ;)

TheRedShadow

May 1, 2013
So this is what we have so far:

ArcataShark - FLYLine24 - TheGreatOutlaw
????? - ????? - ?????
????? - ????? - Goonzilla
????? - ????? - ?????

????? - Lady Justice
Brummie Red - ?????
????? - ?????

?????
JoeCool16

Yes I like to play the opposite side of the ice of my handedness on D deal with it. Most of you I don't know your handedness so I just made something up.
I'm a left shooter and play LD

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
6'2 200. I usually slot in where ever needed but feel most comfortable as a puck-moving defenseman with a clapper from the blue line that can skate and jump into the play. Can play LD or RD, defensive winger, or center.

Put me in coach.

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
I'm your third or fourth line winger, bringing some size and intensity, in your face, forechecking, backchecking and jamming the front of the net. Taking a few penalties, but nothing dumb. Happy to wear an 'A'.

Looking for the rest of the team boys and girls..you out there?

I have a similar skill set, so I'm probably your liney. If you're parked in front, I'll troll for those juicy rebounds in the slot.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
I'm a stay at home D-man that's good in his own end and with a fairly good outlet pass. I work well with an offensive D-man or someone with a big shot from the blue line but provide very little offense myself. I predominantly play left side but with the odd foray onto the right on the rare occasion I get given powerplay time. I do however eat up minutes on the penalty kill.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm a hustle guy, what I lack in skill I try to make up for in outworking my opponents. Usually I'm a two-way/grinder/"sniper in training" type of player. I have this strange desire to block shots defensively, and I fore check hard as I can without being a liability.

I aspire to play defense since I wear more armor than everyone but the goalie (hence the shot blocking pride) but I really don't belong there just yet. I'm a second line winger, or third line centre for the most part with some of my D men training me up to play D occasionally.

More than anything, I play hard and if I don't get at least 3 shots off in a game I feel I didn't do my job as a winger. I like to score, get assists, and I do produce, but I'm a middle of the pack guy on my teams in terms of skill and production.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I love skating out and have the entire time I've played hockey, but seeing as we're missing a goalie I'll sign up for starting goalie. I've played goalie since I was 8 (I'm 24 now). Id consider myself a athletic hybrid goaltender. 6'2 185lb and I catch with my right hand so I **** everyone up. Playstyle? Well I'd consider it similar to Masons rookie year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad