The Ringer Names Eugene Melnyk As Worst Owner In North America...

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
This whole relocation talk is silly. In terms of market viability, Ottawa is well ahead of Quebec City and Winnipeg and close to Calgary and Edmonton.

Ottawa has the highest median family incomes in the country. Lots of double income families with good government jobs. The problem isn't with the market. The problem is the owner.
I would argue the Ottawa market is on par, maybe better than the Flames franchise but below the Oilers. The Oilers and Flames are not the same.

I feel for Sens fans though. I hope a solution comes regarding ownership sooner rather than later.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There is nothing wrong with the Ottawa market,we have an arena /downtown infastructure deal just waiting in the wings ,a great regional tv/radio deal with TSN and sportsnet....These things dont just happen because they hope the team will be a success.....It has already shown a great appetite for nhl hockey and can properly support a franchise,the problem has been with ownership both current and previous....Both didnt have the means to advance the team forward...

In short Ottawa,s fanbase has supported broke owners,and are now fed up with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad