Post-Game Talk: The Rielly Rally Is Real! | Leafs Win 7-3!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
You'd be doing God's work giving us someone to blame other than Dubas, Keefe, Tavares and the ghost of Sam Lafferty.
Mike Van Ryn approves of this post.
That's absolutely hilarious. It's a damn shame he is only doing radio. We deserve the best
Quoted for truth.

Bowen and Ralph on a tv broadcast are the dream. Is it really too much to ask for?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Who would have thought giving the depth more ice time and more important roles could be the answer to the persistent depth problems? Shame it had to take a suspension and two top players get sick simultaneously to essentially force Keefe to give them the opportunity.

I'll give it to him though, moving Johnny T to the the 3rd line was a bold play given Keefe's history of obsessively relying heavily - almost solely - on his stars.

The questions I have are whether he will do the obvious thing and keep Brodie on the left side where he's clearly been much better? Does he keep giving guys like Domi & Bertuzzi 1st power play time? How does Keefe respond the next stinker game - does he do the usual throwing the lines into a blender or does he show some patience? Clearly the team has caught lightning in a bottle here so I just hope they don't - coach and team - fall back into their old ways between now and round one.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'll give it to him though, moving Johnny T to the the 3rd line was a bold play given Keefe's history of obsessively relying heavily - almost solely - on his stars.
I'll give him credit for JT's demotion, he's better suited to the 3rd line and he'll get favorable matchups. Tavares really did seal his own fate by not producing at all 5v5, in the end egos shouldn't matter and it should be about what's best for the team.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I keep wondering when Domi will realize he is a skill player and focus on goals vs. getting into fights. If he brought it consistently and stayed out of the stayed out of the box, a lot of teams would be calling. He has the skills, the brain has to follow.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Imagine this team with a real goaltender

Martin Jones with a .885 save percentage, thought every goal was a bad goal. Beat clean on 3 shots.

This is what kills this team in the playoffs when you got to move hell on earth to get a goal and the other team scores on a muffin from the point.
Jones is a 3rd string goalie at this point, but lets not forget that he saved the season when Woll went down and Sammy had his mental breakdown, Leafs might not be in the playoff picture if Jones didn’t step up……..

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
That 2 on 2 for Matthews goal was textbook, made the D look like fringe players.
And if I’m not mistaken, that was against their two best defencemen Pietrangelo and Theodore. All the talk of Vegas being soft, we made them look that way. Intense pressure in the offensive with players finishing their checks. I think Benoit has had an influence in that area. He’s hitting no matter the score.

Lmaooo love it…”could be a suspension there” …hilarious

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'll give him credit for JT's demotion, he's better suited to the 3rd line and he'll get favorable matchups. Tavares really did seal his own fate by not producing at all 5v5, in the end egos shouldn't matter and it should be about what's best for the team.

Also thing is JT isn't getting much less ice time than he's used to as well. Just better matchups.

Actually splitting JT and Nylander really does make it difficult to match up lines for the opposition

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
That’s the only “swing for the fences” move I want. A trade for Saros or Markstrom.
As much as I agree that Jones isn’t the long term solution in net (and I doubt that’s the plan with Woll likely coming back soon), it’s hard to worry about this particular game when we chased the defending cup winning goalie in about 15 minutes. Playoff goaltending has always been about getting hot at the right time.

Yes to both.

Look at vasi... when he is on... Its a nightmare to score on him.
Any other night he looks human.

I'm still haunted by Carey Price few years ago being a wall in the playoffs. Habs went to the final ffs

Reactions: Suntouchable13

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully the fellas didn't get into too much trouble in Vegas last night and will have some energy left for the Avs tomorrow.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
One thing I forgot to talk about that I thought was impressive...

When Keefe called the timeout last night, he didn't say a word.

He went after them the night before during the timeout and using the silent treatment was a slick move.

They knew they were losing their hold on the game, and that 30 seconds/min to ponder and dig deep was well played

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Keefe needs to keep Domi with Willy and Bert and leave JT with Bobby and Robbie. We might finally have 4 lines rolling
I have been so much more interested since the line up changes. What was missing was the lack of team and what Im seeing with these new lineups is a team...everyone has looked engaged. Its a beautiful thing. I am curious who came up with the new changes...Keefe? Tre? an assistant?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad