The Ricky Bobby Ryan Monster Truck all Purpose Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
the-general-lee-2-o.gif

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!

Karlsson2Turris*

To recap:

Courtesy of benjiv1 (he has contacts), we have the following information on Ryan:

- Ryan has apparently agreed that he will sign an extension
- Two offers on the table, one is a 2-3 year deal @ 7.5M (this deal is reportedly front-loaded)
- The other offer is an 8 year deal @ 6.5M
- Ryan will meet with Murray in September and discuss both options

Last edited by a moderator:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I hope he signs a long term deal. Obviously I'd prefer a short term deal over Ryan leaving as a UFA, but a short 2-3 year deal may just cast uncertainty over the franchise with his situation again.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
To recap

If Ryan is actually willing to sign this one, you do it easily and not look back.

He's a $7mil+ guy on the open market, easy, and this way you're not only saving some cash, but you're locking up a guy long-term and can build marketing around him, create some stability on a franchise that currently is having a hard time in that regard, and creating some good PR for a team that desperately needs some right now.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
To recap

Courtesy of benjiv1 (he has contacts), we have the following information on Ryan:

- Two offers on the table, one is a 2-3 year deal @ 7.5M
- Ryan will meet with Murray and discuss both options

How long ago was this info given to us by ben?

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
To recap

And supposedly Ryan will be taking the rest of August to reflect on the two offers.

Also, I mistakenly read the title of this thread as a TPB reference. Randy Lahey's just my mom's mating name.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
He's a core building block. If he signs at those prices Murray did well (and so did he).

If he wants a trade out, Murray will get a good return anywhere.

I hope he stays and don't mind the longer deal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
....now I'm gonna have the yeeeeeeeehaaaaw stuck in my head all day.

Now I'll have to try and find some old classic 70/80s dvds to satisfy the childhood tv days cravings. hmmmm......season one of CHiPs it is, then. :laugh:

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
To recap

IIRC he also mentioned that the long term deal is front-loaded

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
If Ryan is actually willing to sign this one, you do it easily and not look back.

He's a $7mil+ guy on the open market, easy, and this way you're not only saving some cash, but you're locking up a guy long-term and can build marketing around him, create some stability on a franchise that currently is having a hard time in that regard, and creating some good PR for a team that desperately needs some right now.

Never. With the day and age of heavy hits and referees turning their heads the other way Ryan still hasn't had a huge injury. SIgn the shorter one for the reason that he could turn into Michalek later into his career, and no one will defend paying a used car 6.5 mil.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If he becomes a "used card" and signs the longer term deal he is going to get paid no matter

If he signs the shorter one he will lose out on a lot of money if he gets a serious injury

The appeal of the shorter deal is he can get out of things go south: if the team blows or the team is unable to keep up with a rising cap

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If he becomes a "used card" and signs the longer term deal he is going to get paid no matter

If he signs the shorter one he will lose out on a lot of money if he gets a serious injury

The appeal of the shorter deal is he can get out of things go south: if the team blows or the team is unable to keep up with a rising cap

But let's be honest here. If a star player wants out of a city, he'll get out. It doesn't matter if he has a 2-year deal or a 10-year contract. These guys always get what they want and pretty much get to choose the teams they'd prefer. It's not like the old days where the owners and management had the power.

I'd expect most players to go for the longest deal possible.....unless it's a young guy coming off his entry deal who still needs to prove himself.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
But let's be honest here. If a star player wants out of a city, he'll get out. It doesn't matter if he has a 2-year deal or a 10-year contract. These guys always get what they want and pretty much get to choose the teams they'd prefer. It's not like the old days where the owners and management had the power.

I'd expect most players to go for the longest deal possible.....unless it's a young guy coming off his entry deal who still needs to prove himself.

I agree with this. The decision for him is whether it is worth leaving a few million on the table to sign the longer term deal. The risk is that he may end up hurt. If the team really goes downhill in 3 or 4 years he simply asks for a trade at that point, so it is not much of a consideration.

Edit: Nice thread title. I should have made some type of reference to Ryan sliding into his Charger through an open window and riding off into the sunset if things go "south" a few years down the road.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
How do you guys think Bobby will hold up in 6-7 years?

I don't think he is going to decline too much. He does not rely on skating much, he is very slow in fact, and he is not prone to injury, last years was his worst of his career. I see him as a 30-30 player for the next 5 years at least. Maybe 35 ginos if he has a year where he starts really hot.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Never. With the day and age of heavy hits and referees turning their heads the other way Ryan still hasn't had a huge injury. SIgn the shorter one for the reason that he could turn into Michalek later into his career, and no one will defend paying a used car 6.5 mil.

That's a pretty big stretch. You're using the fact that he hasn't had a huge injury to argue that he's going to have a huge injury. :laugh:

In 5 years, $6.5M for a prime Bobby Ryan would be laughable.

I expect his AAV to be above $7M but if that rumour is true, you absolutely sign Ryan to that long-term deal. No questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig