OT: The Richard Nixon of OT threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Afino: Saw this on Reddit, thought of you.

1bC5q0I.gif

Hahahahahahahaha. I remember I got *****ed out QUITE a bit for posting the Bunny from Donnie Darko in the OT thread...back in the 'dark' days.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Just put a bid on a house. Time to downsize... we found a beautiful rancher at just under 2700 square feet, with unbelievable landscaping and some great finishing touches. Now we have to make our house ready to sell. I forgot how much that part sucks. I'm channeling Chain here. :D
So anyone need a solid oak dining room suite (table, 6 chairs, dry sink, breakfront)? An upright Baldwin piano? Time to get rid of crap!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just wait, soon you'll have little Chain asking mommy Chain why does daddy keep staring at the ladies walking around the pool wearing butt floss; then you'll have a real excuse to run to the Super Mercado

Nah. I don't roll that way. Or unroll that way. :biglaugh:

Just put a bid on a house. Time to downsize... we found a beautiful rancher at just under 2700 square feet, with unbelievable landscaping and some great finishing touches. Now we have to make our house ready to sell. I forgot how much that part sucks. I'm channeling Chain here. :D
So anyone need a solid oak dining room suite (table, 6 chairs, dry sink, breakfront)? An upright Baldwin piano? Time to get rid of crap!

Craigslist is your friend. :D

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The next time I go I definitely want to go to a Blackhawks game. And a White Sox game. And anything else I can fit in.

I miss it so much :cry:

I can probably get you a job there in sales if you want one :laugh:

What bars/etc did you hit up? Go out to any neighborhoods?

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I miss it so much :cry:

I can probably get you a job there in sales if you want one :laugh:

What bars/etc did you hit up? Go out to any neighborhoods?

We didn't have as much time to do things as I was hoping. By the time we got settled into the hotel on Saturday and were ready to go out, it was about 4pm. We went to Olive Park first, because my best friend and I were huge ER fans growing up and wanted to see where Dr. Greene used to go jogging :D. Then we headed over to the Navy Pier and rode the Ferris Wheel, then had a drink in the beer garden there (my friend's request; I was not a fan). Then we went to the SkyDeck which took up most of the evening because we didn't realize we would be waiting over 2 hours to get up there, so that eliminated any chance of being able to find a nice place to eat. We ended up at Fado because it was right around the corner from our hotel.

Sunday I wanted to go eat breakfast at Yolk, but my friend whined about the wait and we went right over to Wrigley. We had drinks at the Cubby Bear before the game, then drinks and food at the Sports Corner after the game. Then we did the boat tour and went to Giordano's for pizza afterwards. And since we left early Monday morning, that was it. I definitely loved what I saw and can't wait to go back (probably with a different friend who isn't so whiny and unwilling to veer away from sports bars).

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Thanks

The biggest concern is timing as the current tenants move out on 10/15 and my lease runs through the end of the year...
Extra rent is worth it for a nice clean sheet of ice.

Our pond was glass the first year after it was dug, but the wind and snow have made things more difficult since. We made a net out of 2x4s and chicken wire. I spent hours out there, skating circles and chasing poorly aimed shots. Ah, youth!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Extra rent is worth it for a nice clean sheet of ice.

Our pond was glass the first year after it was dug, but the wind and snow have made things more difficult since. We made a net out of 2x4s and chicken wire. I spent hours out there, skating circles and chasing poorly aimed shots. Ah, youth!

The only increase will be that I have to pay utilities at this place. The rent is the same as my current apartment.

There is other news coming soon that should help the financial situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad