DaDucks*

You have a vivid imagination.

Not a top defender, too inexperienced.

hamp doin his thang

boiler-12.gif

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Anyone else getting tired of the gamely soft goals by Freddy?

They usually aren't untimely like hiller's were. Plus his save percentage is still up there and I expect them to fade when he gets more experience. He's leading our 3 stars leader board so he's gotta be doing something right.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
They usually aren't untimely like hiller's were. Plus his save percentage is still up there and I expect them to fade when he gets more experience. He's leading our 3 stars leader board so he's gotta be doing something right.

I hope so. But man could you imagine his stats without those soft goals

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
What I don't understand is why we let the puck carrier handle the puck without any pressure on the power play. If you look at all the successful PK units, they pressure the puck, while the rest of the squad rotates over.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
What I don't understand is why we let the puck carrier handle the puck without any pressure on the power play. If you look at all the successful PK units, they pressure the puck, while the rest of the squad rotates over.

theres a long list of things that our special teams do poorly

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, they usually play much more passively, but it was working well for a few weeks there. Lately they're losing position and puck chasing though, which is opening lanes.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm hopeful that a healthy defense will pull the PK numbers together. The power play's been bad for more than a season, now, so no reason to expect it do anything other than suck.

To be honest I can't tell why it's so terrible. The team defense is actually very good for the most part, but on the PK the forwards are easily broken down on the points and the dmen make poor decisions with the puck.

It almost leads me to think the scheme doesn't fit our personnel.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They give up point shots too easily. Simply cannot do it against a team like Nashville who has Ellis and Weber.

You gotta pressure at high and make Weber pass

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
as far as the PK....Defense collapses into a zone and is not aggressive at all. You hardly ever see any teams do this anymore as it's no longer effective in this league... but for some reason, the Ducks keep this style.

On the PP, we stand around too much. Period. Tonight, the passing was quicker, but it doesn't really matter how fast you pass the puck around if your guys are more or less stationary.

There are some fundamental issues here that seriously need to be changed.

Maybe this has been asked and answered before, but do we have special teams coaches? If so, they need to be fired. If not, they need to be hired. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad