GDT: The Return of the Bork - Ducks vs Preds 5PM PST

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Yeah the Preds scorer did pull it back. I've seen a few guys do it though and if it's subtle enough it seems the refs won't call it. Glad it's a moot point.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I think it's the player that needs to have that the continuous motion, not the puck. Otherwise so many quick stickhandles wouldn't be allowed in the shootout.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
One goal game record is intact. We will drop to #10 on the NHL power rankings.
I can only imagine Corey Masisak breaking everything around him while screaming watching this game :laugh:

But seriously, special teams was only reason the Ducks almost lost this game. That needs to be fixed, or it will cost us.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
I think it's the player that needs to have that the continuous motion, not the puck. Otherwise so many quick stickhandles wouldn't be allowed in the shootout.

Yep

As long as the player's body is going forward they can drag the puck backwards...as long as it isn't dragged back behind the plane of their body ( such as being done in the now banned move ) the puck will be going forward due to the players momentum.

That said...I hate the skills competition.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
There was an opportunity where he was clearly looking to one time it, and Getzlaf put the pass too far behind him. Furthermore, when Fowler does shoot, people here *****. You'd much rather see him get the puck to Getzlaf or Vatanen who have better shots. Apparently he can't win this year.

And I think it says a lot that you won't even consider him a passer unless he looks like Getzlaf.

This discussion would be better held other than in a GDT but here goes...

You're putting the wrong context on my Getzlaf comment. Fowler does not create offense by his passing like Getz does. We'd all like to see him do it, but he really doesn't. And you right his weak shot has people cringing when he takes it. But when there is traffic in front of the net on a delayed call like that, you have to shoot. It's the right play for the circumstance. And FWIW, his shot actually is improved this year.

But the point is, on the PP all he does is look to unload the puck via a pass asap. He doesn't want to shoot, he doesn't want to skate down low and possibly create something he just wants to dump the puck and gtfo. As well as he skates, he's content to just stand at the point as a relief valve to accept and dish off the puck. He's been like that for a long time. In no way am I solely blaming him for the piss poor PP, but he absolutely doesn't help it any. It's frustrating beyond belief especially because we all know he has the talent to do better.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Oh NHL, never change

B6jtt4YCYAAdVOm.jpg

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Fowler's got 5 power play points all year. He's got nothing going on in the offensive zone for the most part. I wouldn't mind it if he were off the power play completely, except I'm sure that'd be their cue to put Getzlaf there again, so never mind.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Fowler's got 5 power play points all year. He's got nothing going on in the offensive zone for the most part. I wouldn't mind it if he were off the power play completely, except I'm sure that'd be their cue to put Getzlaf there again, so never mind.

Not that bad when you consider how bad our power play as a whole has been. Just for reference Perry only has 5 PPP. Lindholm who has spent most of the year playing on the 2nd PP with Fowler only has 2.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Good win after pulling themselves together. Special teams are a real concern though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad