Latvia

Freddy ''Splinter Cell'' Andersen

splinter-cell1_1614269c.jpg

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
ok game.

thought we looked a bit sloppy at times, and that first goal was pretty soft.

they showed grit though, coming back and getting the 2 pts.

beauch with the goal stick snipe ftw.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
so whats up with silfer? 16p in 41gp? Is the bound to go back to sweden soon or will he ever produce better than this?

I think hes been a lot better then stats have shown, his points/goals haven't really been there, but hes played pretty well all year long. Hes amazing defensively, very smart player. I think the points will come eventually, he has to much skill for them not to come. I wish hed get a little more powerplay time.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Special teams and poor discipline nearly cost the team, again.

Along with adding 1 or 2 more players to the team, we have to improve these two things to have any shot of going deep in the playoffs. Taking 4 (5?) penalties in a row in a single period is just unacceptable.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Key, thanks for the answers. Hard for me to watch Ducks games, and I just saw that his production was pretty sub-par for playing on one of the best teams in the NHL. He was a point producer in the SHL and his wrister was lethal, just weird that it dosnt seem to translate to the NHL (his shot atleast).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Silfverberg's shot is awesome but he doesn't get into the heavy traffic areas enough to score a lot and when he does get to those areas he's easy to tie up. He loves shooting though - from literally everywhere.

He's still an awesome defensive forward though. His skating has improved a lot since coming over here, when he first arrived he was slow as hell, now I'd say it's a strength of his.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Key, thanks for the answers. Hard for me to watch Ducks games, and I just saw that his production was pretty sub-par for playing on one of the best teams in the NHL. He was a point producer in the SHL and his wrister was lethal, just weird that it dosnt seem to translate to the NHL (his shot atleast).

Silf does still have the shot as evidenced by the shootouts. It may even be better than Perry's. But as someone on these boards pointed out, the difference is Perry can fire his shot in tight space whereas Silfverberg needs a bit more time and space. And there is more time and space in the SHL than in the NHL.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
I think the answer to the PP should come through getting Maroon the puck on his forehand on the side of the net. They need to have a set play where Maroon curls after getting the puck and sending a backhand pass backdoor to a pinching point man. They did it a little bit last year... because of his size, it's an indefensible situation. If they start to guard the pass, he can keep it and he has the puck on his forehand from a foot out. Guard him, and the backdoor pass is there. When teams adjust to it, it will open up the other winger and point man... It basically will create a grade A scoring chance every time, while destroying any structure to the opposing PK. That isn't even considering he can also curl it to his forehand and jam it into the crease. So many options here.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
i think the answer to the pp should come through getting maroon the puck on his forehand on the side of the net. They need to have a set play where maroon curls after getting the puck and sending a backhand pass backdoor to a pinching point man. They did it a little bit last year... Because of his size, it's an indefensible situation. If they start to guard the pass, he can keep it and he has the puck on his forehand from a foot out. Guard him, and the backdoor pass is there. When teams adjust to it, it will open up the other winger and point man... It basically will create a grade a scoring chance every time, while destroying any structure to the opposing pk. That isn't even considering he can also curl it to his forehand and jam it into the crease. So many options here.
get this man to the ducks locker room to run the pp!! Now!!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pointless, yet relevant halfway mark comparison

This year: 26-9-6, 58 points, +5 goal differential, PP% 15.4, PK% 79.4
Last year: 28-8-5, 61 points, +32 goal differential, PP% 16.0, PK% 82.2

Curious... where did you get the halfway mark stats from last year? I had to type a lot on excel to get the w-l-otl, pts, and point differential. ha ha ha I was like, I would like to look at the PP and PK efficiency, but too much work. So thanks for this if you did this by yourself. And if not, please provide a link because I'm just that blind and like torturing myself. thanks either way!

Ohh... do you know the PPO and times on the PK, is that TPK? Again, thanks!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad