Pre-Game Talk: The Return of Ceannéidigh: Sharkies @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
it's going to be something hilarious. like the time he got sun-burnt and couldn't play the panthers. i'm guessing it's a case of jock-itch.

well, one can hope. and this might be the only time i hope for jock-itch...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Welp... watching those two in a friendly competition for the scoring title was fun while it lasted. Can't help but think, with the way this team is, that he'll be out for a month or longer.

Couldn't have come at a worse time for him, either. Since he had really started to look like his consistently dominating self, lately.

Yeah seriously. I can't really even get mad anymore. This stuff will just continue to happen to our stars.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hopefully Kunitz-Crosby-Neal can at least look good.

Not playing Megna right now is the dumbest thing of all time at this point in his career. Play him or send him down. So stupid.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 1m

Malkin's injury took place about halfway through the morning skate. Bylsma didn't seem to think it was serious. But, he's out tonight.

I sure hope so.

But I feel like I've heard that before and it not turn out to be anywhere close to accurate.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I remember this book I read back in junior high. I'm sure it's famous or something and I should remember the name.

Anyhow, these people got a series of wishes, but each wish granted came at a price. For example, if you wished for money, you'd get it, but only because someone you loved died and the money was the result of inheritance or a settlement.

"We need to get Crosby his Neal!"

Malkin hurt.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I remember this book I read back in junior high. I'm sure it's famous or something and I should remember the name.

Anyhow, these people got a series of wishes, but each wish granted came at a price. For example, if you wished for money, you'd get it, but only because someone you loved died and the money was the result of inheritance or a settlement.

Malkin hurt.

:laugh::cry:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Malkin hurt.

Thanks for that IcedCapp. :cry:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Thank god help is on the way. That 4th line has really struggled without Glass, and he's so versatile that he could move up the lineup to cover for Malkin's injury.

The most indefensible aspect of Bylsma, in my opinion, is just that. He puts Engelland on the 4th line, and Jeffrey - Vitale - Engo outperform Glass - Sutter - Adams, and it's not even close.

As soon as people are healthy, Glass and Adams resume getting 10 minutes a game on the 4th line.

Sill, Scrabble, Megna all look better on the 4th line.

Adams never gets benched and as soon as Glass is healthy, he'll be back.

I reject the notion that Glass has looked good this year (outside of the first 3 games of the season). I reject this notion because the 4th line has been better each and every time he's been removed from it.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm not even surprised... well, I'm surprised Crosby is the last one standing out of Letang, Malkin and himself; and Neal, Bennett, Scuderi and Martin... go, Sid. Rah-rah.

Time to step up, Jokinen. Or at least become the pseudo enforcer again and take someone down in a Finnish sneak attack, you're Crosby's protector.

If Bylsma says it isn't serious Malkin is losing the leg.

Kunitz - Crosby - Neal
Kobasew/Dupuis/Midget - Jokinen - Megna
Adams - Sutter - Dupuis/Kobasew/Midget
Sill - Vitale - Engelland

It's hideous and not the time to play the lollipop guild winger pair, Disco.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The most indefensible aspect of Bylsma, in my opinion, is just that. He puts Engelland on the 4th line, and Jeffrey - Vitale - Engo outperform Glass - Sutter - Adams, and it's not even close.

As soon as people are healthy, Glass and Adams resume getting 10 minutes a game on the 4th line.

Sill, Scrabble, Megna all look better on the 4th line.

Adams never gets benched and as soon as Glass is healthy, he'll be back.

I reject the notion that Glass has looked good this year (outside of the first 3 games of the season). I reject this notion because the 4th line has been better each and every time he's been removed from it.

But look at his hits!!!!

...:help:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Jokinen - Sutter - Neal

That's our top 6 for today. :biglaugh: We're ****ed.

if they don't put Neal with Sid I will..

do nothing because I'm powerless in this situation. But I'll use a lot of big words as I ***** about it incessantly.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

He's looked good for Glass. Which is just saying he doesn't look as horrible and was less useless. The first 3 games were an anomaly for Glass, and Adams ran out of gas so they just drag everything down now. So the genius puts them together to punish that Vitale guy he hates.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 1m

Malkin's injury took place about halfway through the morning skate. Bylsma didn't seem to think it was serious. But, he's out tonight.

Will we be re-visting this post in 3 weeks?

And PS I am so tired of the freaking large ads on HF. I am typing and a huge video ad that take sup half my screen pops up and I can't even minimize it?! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad