Pre-Game Talk: The Return of Ceannéidigh: Sharkies @ Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
time to welcome back Kennedy the King of Corsi (or Ceannéidigh the Cúchulainn of Chest-Snipping).

Tyler+Kennedy.jpg

i'll be watching this with partisans for the other side. who i root for going into the third period will be solely dependent on Després' EVTOI.

Last edited:

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks...e-curse-of-taylor-swift-plus-more/#more-10238

Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was asked if he planned to give Kennedy the business if there turns out to be a particularly challenging save off the Sharks forward’s stick.

“I might, I might,†Fleury said. “We played together for a long time so it may be a little weird facing him in a game. We’ll see.â€

So does Fleury have a pretty good idea where Kennedy will aim if he does get in scoring position?

“He’s got a great shot. We all know he likes to shoot,†the goalie said. “He can pick corners on both sides so it’ll be tough to know what’s coming.â€

No, we all know where he likes to shoot. Right at the logo.

He'll probably snipe two goals tonight.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Can't wait for the 'this won't win us in the playoffs!!_!!#' posts tonight. Yep. #Play82GamesLikeItsTheSCF

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I know they ripped us open on the Murray trade but I still can't believe we got a 2nd for an unsigned Kennedy which led to the Jarry pick :)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Crafton, chest-snipping? Not an uncommon practice for metrosexuals I dare say. :laugh:

It's funny, it never even donned on me that Kennedy was playing tonight. He's so insignificant that way.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
REALLY looking forward to this.
Juicy test of the D-kids. And more.

The Sharks have a kick ass team and they play kick ass hockey.

Sharks are one of the few teams that give me organizational envy (cue bylsma lifting the cup, jumbo Joe is a choker posts)

Malkin112*

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m
Gotta love this stat from the game notes - Mario Lemieux scored 49 points in 14 (!!!) career games against the #SJSharks

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m
Gotta love this stat from the game notes - Mario Lemieux scored 49 points in 14 (!!!) career games against the #SJSharks

I remember being at some ridiculously high scoring game between the Pens and Sharks back in the 90's; it was something like 8-6. Does anyone remember a game like that?

H382

Oct 20, 2006
I remember being at some ridiculously high scoring game between the Pens and Sharks back in the 90's; it was something like 8-6. Does anyone remember a game like that?

I remember some high scoring games. But never realized how much he dominated them.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
There was a game in San Francisco at the old Cow Palace, before the Sharks moved into their new digs, where Mario just went to town. I remember watching the highlights...I think the Sharks had Kelly Hrudey and Brian Hayward as their goalie tandem, and both played in that game, and Mario kept scoring and scoring and scoring.

Good times.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

I remember it VERY well. Know why? I had Tom Barrasso as my fantasy goalie back then and knew it would be an easy 'w' for him, even though it was against my Sharks.

The Sharks lit him up and the goals they scored on Barrasso was the reason why I didnt win the league, it hurt his GAA and % that much.

Sharks won it 10-8, Barrasso played the ENTIRE game, giving up 9 goals on 40 shots.

Doug Bodger and Jeff Friesen had 3 assists each, Ray Sheppard had a hat trick and 4 points and Owen Nolan had 2 goals and 1 assist.

Mario had 2g-2a, Nedved and Sandstrom had 2G each and Francis and Smolinski had 3A each.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199601130PIT.html

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Most of our games in the 90's finish with that score. We had a great offense and a **** defense and goalie. Things haven't changed that much since, but we did have a much better offense back then

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

They were mostly high scoring by the Pens, as the Sharks were an expansion franchise. I think I remember one being double digits to nothing or very few. Poor Bob Errey.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I remember it VERY well. Know why? I had Tom Barrasso as my fantasy goalie back then and knew it would be an easy 'w' for him, even though it was against my Sharks.

The Sharks lit him up and the goals they scored on Barrasso was the reason why I didnt win the league, it hurt his GAA and % that much.

Sharks won it 10-8, Barrasso played the ENTIRE game, giving up 9 goals on 40 shots.

Doug Bodger and Jeff Friesen had 3 assists each, Ray Sheppard had a hat trick and 4 points and Owen Nolan had 2 goals and 1 assist.

Mario had 2g-2a, Nedved and Sandstrom had 2G each and Francis and Smolinski had 3A each.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199601130PIT.html

Looking at the defensemen in the Pens' employ, it's easy to see how we gave up 10. Barrasso probably kept it at 10 with a sterling performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad