OT: The reporter/chroniquer/analyst that you hate the most

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I apologize for bringing the thread back up. Had been looking in vain for a videoclip to back up a point and finally found one yesterday.

It's okay. I usually don't think to check the date.

Maybe we could have a folder for resurrected threads?

Mods?

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone from HNIC that says "we" when talking about the Leafs....sickens me to pay their salary with my taxes.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
None other than Jack Edwards. I absolutely hate the guy. I very rarely use hate.

The guy is the biggest homer in the NHL, and is incredibly bias. I remember a game a few years ago when Montreal was playing Boston. This was when Pouliot was on the Habs. I remember Pouliot had the puck, and Edwards says, "...and there's Pouliot, one of the biggest busts of his draft class." Next season he signs with Boston. The guy kills me.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Friedman is likely the very best pundit of all. Not sure why you don't like him. He's the only one who's fair to everyone.

Care to explain why you don't like Eliotte?

I agree with several of your others, notably Lebrun and Weekes. How can you like them and not Friedman?

He's really well connected and pretty unbiased.

??????

He's probably trolling.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Got to watch the draft on RDS.

My God.

Literally NONE of them knew anything about any prospects. All they could was read their stat sheets and mention their size.

I mean, can't they have a few pros with some legit insight in the matter? Normand Flynn is clueless. Pierre Houde is clueless. Whoever else that was commenting was clueless.

I swear, the majority of posters around here knew more about these guys going into the drafts then those paid "professionals".

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
None other than Jack Edwards. I absolutely hate the guy. I very rarely use hate.

The guy is the biggest homer in the NHL, and is incredibly bias. I remember a game a few years ago when Montreal was playing Boston. This was when Pouliot was on the Habs. I remember Pouliot had the puck, and Edwards says, "...and there's Pouliot, one of the biggest busts of his draft class." Next season he signs with Boston. The guy kills me.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Friedman is likely the very best pundit of all. Not sure why you don't like him. He's the only one who's fair to everyone.

Care to explain why you don't like Eliotte?

I agree with several of your others, notably Lebrun and Weekes. How can you like them and not Friedman?

He's really well connected and pretty unbiased.

??????

So a guy posts his opinion, its different than yours, and you are all flabbergasted by it? I'm in the same boat, I can't stand Friedman, it is what it is.

IceHockeyfan

Feb 18, 2012
They just posted a video of Stéphane Leroux on RDS today, where he is asked to comment about how the Q won't be providing as many high ranking players to the draft this year. The question begins at 2:13 of the tape and without anyone prompting him about race, his answer from 2:28, is focused on how many "Québécois pure laine" were taken last year.

Video here: http://www.rds.ca/vidéos/une-année-sandwich-3.992493

I don't see anything wrong with him on promoting local talent and hoping that they play for the Montreal Canadiens. He is a Québécois de souche and so he would like to see more players of his ethnic background playing. Focusing on his ethnic group doesn't mean he hates other ethnic groups. I don't see any quotes in which he disparages ethnic groups other than his own.

The Canadiens are Montreal's team, and since they are also the only team in Quebec, they are also Quebec's team; so local Quebecers should play for them. If there is a choice between a Quebec hockey player and any other player of equal talent, the Canadiens should take the Quebec player every time. It is like Don Cherry bemoaning the fact that the Maple Leafs and Senators are not putting more Canadian players on their teams. I see nothing wrong with that either. Especially if the two teams focus on Ontario players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad