Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Look at this instead:

243nn92.jpg

Shouldn't Kessel be the one shooting?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You guys beat us badly, but c'mon. We outshot you guys badly and if not for superb goaltending by Reimer this is a completely different game.

You guys are good, but relax..your goaltending has kept you in most games this season.

Out shooting has nothing to do with outplaying. How many bad angle shots and soft blue-line dump shots did the Oilers take tonight? Probably close to 20. And when were many of those shots were accumulated? When the Leafs were up 4-0 and the Oilers were just playing run and gun hockey, as they should because their were no other options. Leafs also took their foot off the pedal, as most teams would being up that high.

Reimer was great but all good teams have great goaltending. That's a fact, jack. After close to a decade of crappy goaltending while outshooting the opponent, I think we know a thing or two about that. Means nothing.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Telling you: that playoff series against Boston will probably be the best thing that happened to this core of players ... for a long while.

Boston won the Cup after one of the most humiliating experiences in sports history. Young teams learn. They aren't as psychologically fragile as people would portray them. I left last season not the least bit ashamed of the team. They showed a lot and learned a lot. Let's just hope they keep it up.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Boston won the Cup after one of the most humiliating experiences in sports history. Young teams learn. They aren't as psychologically fragile as people would portray them. I left last season not the least bit ashamed of the team. They showed a lot and learned a lot. Let's just hope they keep it up.

I agree. Bringing guys like Bolland helps too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lars Eller was wrong, The Oil is not a junior team, they are a junior B team.

One can say we played badly last night only winning 4-0. One line team, and this is a worry against better teams.

All Kessel last night.

Not much offence from Bolland's or Mcclement's line. Going to need Bozak and Kulemin back to balance out the lines.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Highlight of tonight on HFBoards from me was this:
(referring to excited leafs fans post game in edmonton)

Pretty much sums up what HFBoards has become. A place for morons who like to generalize an entire fanbase (or maybe city in this case?) based on a group of people. Sadly these posters exist across this whole forum nowadays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just make your own generalization?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Even shot enthusiast James Mirtle admitted last night that the SOG were irrelevant because the Leafs outshot the Oilers when the game was close. When it got out of hand, they started defending and didn't do much else.

Edmonton can shoot all they want. We can trust our goalies to make the saves if they can see the puck...can't say the same about Edmonton and their goalies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Corey Pronman hates us so much.

After placing us 14th in the East in his predictions, after a teams like the Panthers and the Flyers, he's trying to save face by saying that our luck will run out and even if we play like a bad team from now on, our hot start will keep us a bubble team.

It hurts... It hurts so much for him.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Oilers fans are extremely delusional, and some of the posts in their GDT and this PGT just confirm that.

Outshooting and running around a lot in the offensive zone =/= outplaying. There is this thing called defence that they never play. Unfortunately you can't win hockey games unless you are decent there. So when you don't play defence, you aren't outworking anyone. The Leafs owned them when the game was tight in the 2nd.

HFOil need to realize that you need good goaltending, a defence and good finishers to win. Outshooting, outhitting, and outskating doesn't get you **** if you don't have the first three.

EMBRACE THE HATE LEAF NATION.

I hope our corsi this year ends up being worse than last years :biglaugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Oilers are the worst team in the NHL, that was a pitiful performance last night.

Any Leafs fan celebrating a win over that team, needs to keep it real. I think the Marlies could have gave them a run last night.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Oilers fans are extremely delusional, and some of the posts in their GDT and this PGT just confirm that.

Out shooting and running around a lot in the offensive zone =/= outplaying. There is this thing called defence that they never play. Unfortunately you can't win hockey games unless you are decent there. So when you don't play defence, you aren't outworking anyone. The Leafs owned them when the game was tight in the 2nd.

HFOil need to realize that you need good goaltending, a defence and good finishers to win. Out shooting, out hitting, and outskating doesn't get you **** if you don't have the first three.

EMBRACE THE HATE LEAF NATION.

I hope our corsi this year ends up being worse than last years :biglaugh:

I am telling you, Oiler fans remind me of some Leaf fans during the Ron Wilson years.

We sucked but I was afraid to hurt my friends feelings by telling them that we didn't run into a hot goalie, we just sucked.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Funny, I posted in the main board in the Oilers thread how Eakins is just a younger version of Wilson.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
That's how you build a team folks, draft a bunch of 1st overalls and hope they don't go -4 on the night.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I am telling you, Oiler fans remind me of some Leaf fans during the Ron Wilson years.

We sucked but I was afraid to hurt my friends feelings by telling them that we didn't run into a hot goalie, we just sucked.

Dallas Eakins is going to get himself fired before the season is out if he continues to want to play "Run and Gun" no defense Ron Wilson hockey.

As Leaf fans we know that it doesn't work as we were through that already, now knowing that in today's NHL defense and strong goaltending is the path to success.

Leafs were weaned on Run and Gun so playing it against us is even going to be less successful based on our familiarity with it in the past.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I think the funny thing is that some are looking at the box scores and see the amount of shots the Oilers put up to say we didn't play well. As if some are this delusional to think out shooting an opponent is a sign of out playing one. Talk about ignorance.

Sigh...

I think you could easily cut their shot count in half if you take away the soft blue-line shots that they did for a line change. They shot it at the net constantly instead of in the corner.

Whilst shot count correlates to zone time and attack time very well, I think this was one of those nights where it just wasn't the case. The Oilers looked like a frustrated hockey team playing frustrated hockey, throwing everything towards the goal from anywhere, instead of trying to be more creative.

It should also be noted that the Leafs actually led this one in Fenwick Close, which doesn't usually happen :laugh:

Corey Pronman hates us so much.

After placing us 14th in the East in his predictions, after a teams like the Panthers and the Flyers, he's trying to save face by saying that our luck will run out and even if we play like a bad team from now on, our hot start will keep us a bubble team.

It hurts... It hurts so much for him.

Haha :laugh: or maybe he's just a closet Leafs fan, and he's just been lowering his expectations so he won't be disappointed!

Nawh but he's a good prospects guy.

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Whilst shot count correlates to zone time and attack time very well, I think this was one of those nights where it just wasn't the case. The Oilers looked like a frustrated hockey team playing frustrated hockey, throwing everything towards the goal from anywhere, instead of trying to be more creative.

I noticed that it was one of the first game, where the Leafs got to almost every puck before the Oilers did.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I noticed that it was one of the first game, where the Leafs got to almost every puck before the Oilers did.

That 2nd period was the best single period we have had so far along with almost complete games against Colorado, Anaheim, Pittsburgh.

One thing missing from last night was a Kessel hatty...there would have been 500 hats on the ice if he scored his hattrick. Wouldn't know if it's ACC or not.

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way

It's amazing how the masses can be fed such bull **** and they bite. Almost like they never watch other hockey games. This is HF so that isn't shocking I guess.

As Tonka said, the look on Eakins' face, and his lip service remind me of RW.

That's how you build a team folks, draft a bunch of 1st overalls and hope they don't go -4 on the night.

And when a goalie like Bernier becomes available, you pass on it because some no name brand had one good season. Worst management in the NHL theirs. The Leafs, and Kings did the rebuild the right way by making smart trades and drafting well. The Oilers are trying to follow the Pittsburgh model with severely worse players. The Pens model only works if you draft 2 or 3 generation talents.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
It's amazing how the masses can be fed such bull **** and they bite. Almost like they never watch other hockey games. This is HF so that isn't shocking I guess.

As Tonka said, the look on Eakins' face, and his lip service remind me of RW.

And when a goalie like Bernier becomes available, you pass on it because some no name brand had one good season. Worst management in the NHL theirs. The Leafs, and Kings did the rebuild the right way by making smart trades and drafting well. The Oilers are trying to follow the Pittsburgh model with severely worse players. The Pens model only works if you draft 2 or 3 generation talents.

Yeah, and I honestly am not a huge fan of the Pittsburgh team either. Sure they have Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury but after their big 4, there's very little depth to speak of.

In today's NHL you need a balanced roster otherwise you get eaten alive in the playoffs when your star players get swarmed by 6'4 230lb defencemen.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
At the time of the draft I admittedly had Murray and Dumba above Rielly in terms on defenceman. However I felt he had the highest upside of probably anyone in the draft, but the ACL tear and lack of views had me skeptical. Right now however I wouldn't trade him for anyone else in the draft and the ACL tear was a blessing for us as a wouldn't of gotten him with our pick at 5.

Carolina also had him at number one allegedly

How do you know this?

Edit:
Nvmd, I saw the other posts :)

Philkessel

Sep 21, 2009
You guys beat us badly, but c'mon. We outshot you guys badly and if not for superb goaltending by Reimer this is a completely different game.

You guys are good, but relax..your goaltending has kept you in most games this season.

lol outshot i was at the game last night and whoever counts shots in rexall is out to lunch if the puck went even close to the net it was recorded a shot for the oilers

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
you guys seeing jeffler's tweets right now? lol

:handclap: I love it

I love it, the media in this town calls players out when they perceive them to be playing poorly, the media talking heads should be called out when they post something that is absolute rubbish. Then Damien Cox and the ilk spin it so that they were always a Kessel fan.

Idiots, Neanderthals, Mongoloids see other: Toronto Sports Writers.

Jeffler is single-handedly laying waste to the Toronto sports media on Twitter right now :laugh:

Haha, thanks guys, happy you enjoyed em

The man is on a mission. Loving it.

Best tweet:

"I really miss Tyler Bozak" ~ Tyler Bozak

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Calling out all the media outlets quoting them is such a slap in their faces. A definition of "Sticking it to the man" lol

Had to sneak in a Bozie poke at some point last night, you know how it is :laugh:

Hey, I say dumb things too from time to time but I own up very, very quickly when I'm wrong

Love the old Steve Simmons article he dug up:

Simmons says ... It's official: Kessel trade has turned into a disaster for Leafs

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2010/12/04/16431696.html

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I put up a post today on The Leafs Nation with all the quotes plus links to the articles they're from if you want more of a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad