The Ref Fix (and not what you think)

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The only penalty that shouldn't have been was Gardiner getting punched in the face.

Everything happens in playoff games. Just that scrum calls shouldn't be so mixed up like that.

That I can agree on, it was a weird call to make given what Backes did, but Gardiner was involved and was roughing, so while it's a weird call, it's a legit one as well,

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Really, go ahead, what did they do that you think they deserved a penalty for and didnt get one?

Was it one JVR kneed Krug in the corner and sat on him? Did Krug deserve a penalty there?
This is ridiculous. Maybe it should have been 10-1 in penalties?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What is ridiculous? I am asking you, WHAT DID BOSTON DO that deserved a penalty that wasn't called,

You can't answer that it doesn't seem.
Tripping, punching. They deserved as many penalties.
Next next Boston fans whine about the reffing, can you be as passionate towards them on this subject?
Reffing was biased. End of story.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Tripping, punching. They deserved as many penalties.
Next next Boston fans whine about the reffing, can you be as passionate towards them on this subject?
Reffing was biased. End of story.

Tripping, punching? Oh, you mean Backes penalty and Grzyleck's penalty,

You realize they got called for them right?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Tripping, punching? Oh, you mean Backes penalty and Grzyleck's penalty,

You realize they got called for them right?

1.) Chara high stick in face 2 feet from ref.
2.) Chara coming in to punch gardiner. You can argue that gardiner got involved and should get a penalty.. fine but then Chara should get one too.
3.) Marchand punching a downed Marner in the back of the head when they called Marner. They were obviously looking right at him on the trip. They tried to put him in the box for it That’s illegal in the UFC.

Just off the top of my head

Reactions: Schooner

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The PPs and Kadri's suspension tells me the NHL would prefer the Bruins advance. And the National media and NBC apparently like Boston more.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
1.) Chara high stick in face 2 feet from ref.
2.) Chara coming in to punch gardiner. You can argue that gardiner got involved and should get a penalty.. fine but then Chara should get one too.
3.) Marchand punching a downed Marner in the back of the head when they called Marner. They were obviously looking right at him on the trip. They tried to put him in the box for it That’s illegal in the UFC.

Just off the top of my head

Krazy,

At least you came up with specifics,

The Chara high stick wasn't really a high stick, it was a forearm shiver with a stick behind held, that would have been a marginal call, but ok, you can argue that could have been called, and on the flip side, we can argue that the JVR knee to Krug's face then sitting on him, should have been called right?

2.) Absolutely, like I said previously, weird call for Gardiner to take, but you can take Chara, then the leaf player after, then the Boston player after, etc, generally in those scrums they will take the principals.

3.) I remember that, that was a tap on the head, and didn't even catch it until the fifth or six replay, but ok, that could have been called, just as Kadri's cross check to the Boston players head, after he tried to put him in the bench, don't remember the B player,

Point is, both teams had penalties that COULD have been called on them, but the majority of Toronto's penalties were......ready for it......penalties.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The PPs and Kadri's suspension tells me the NHL would prefer the Bruins advance. And the National media and NBC apparently like Boston more.

LOL Kadri's suspension? He's lucky it was only three, that was one of the worst hits in modern memory, it was completely despicable and uncalled for, if Marchand had done that, I think you would still be in tears....

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
This is ridiculous. Maybe it should have been 10-1 in penalties?

That would be just fine.

Your mentality is the most common and infuriating type within the hockey community. And hockey is the only sport in the world where it even exists.

There is no handshake agreement before the start of the game that both teams will have an equal amount of PP opportunities. If your team makes stupid decisions that costs them penalties, they don't get "evened up" by the end of the game. It's not some basketball possession arrow that says the next 50/50 call must go your team's way. That's not what constitutes fair refereeing.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LOL Kadri's suspension? He's lucky it was only three, that was one of the worst hits in modern memory, it was completely despicable and uncalled for, if Marchand had done that, I think you would still be in tears....
If I use other examples it should have been 1-2.
And spare me the line about Marchand. He's getting away with everything in this series.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If I use other examples it should have been 1-2.
And spare me the line about Marchand. He's getting away with everything in this series.

There are no other examples of what Kadri did....the fact that you think there are, speaks volumes, you can't even watch the game for what it is. You might be the most biased fan I've ever encountered

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
There are no other examples of what Kadri did....the fact that you think there are, speaks volumes, you can't even watch the game for what it is. You might be the most biased fan I've ever encountered

Well, he does have a leaf fever, so he might not be thinking straight....and has clearly been banned in previous accounts. So tread lightly....

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
How can you call all of these obvious? And why did Boston get 1 called against them only?

The Bruins were saints all game, besides the stick getting caught in Johnsson they did nothing wrong all game....says no one. Majority of those calls were garbage especially the Nash calls. He should fire his stick company. I love the whole CBC didn’t have the right camera excuse lol

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The Bruins were saints all game, besides the stick getting caught in Johnsson they did nothing wrong all game....says no one. Majority of those calls were garbage especially the Nash calls. He should fire his stick company. I love the whole CBC didn’t have the right camera excuse lol

Didn't say they had the right camera angle, I said they skimmed over it, they showed the slash on the hands and focused on the stick as if that was the call,

But you keep your head in your own lil Leaf world I guess it's better there than reality

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Really, go ahead, what did they do that you think they deserved a penalty for and didnt get one?

Was it one JVR kneed Krug in the corner and sat on him? Did Krug deserve a penalty there?

You don’t get it....consistency would be nice. The Bruins got away with obvious penalty calls in Toronto including at least two slew foots yet the Leafs get called for some real phantom calls....it was pathetic officating in a playoff game. One minute it’s let them play one game, the next game is call everything including phantom stuff. It’s ridiculous.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Didn't say they had the right camera angle, I said they skimmed over it, they showed the slash on the hands and focused on the stick as if that was the call,

But you keep your head in your own lil Leaf world I guess it's better there than reality

So he shoots the puck with a ton of power, the stick breaks....what mystery slash are you speaking about.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You don’t get it....consistency would be nice. The Bruins got away with obvious penalty calls in Toronto including at least two slew foots yet the Leafs get called for some real phantom calls....it was pathetic officating in a playoff game. One minute it’s let them play one game, the next game is call everything including phantom stuff. It’s ridiculous.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about last night's game, I didn't catch game 4, so who knows, can't comment on that, but last night, the officiating was fine, the Leafs were undisciplined, there were at least 3 penalties that they took that you just look and go...WTF were they thinking...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I noticed none of these threads popped up during the 2 games in Toronto that were amazingly penalty free.

Look, if one team is carrying the play with a 53 to 13 or whatever it was shot attempt advantage over a 30 minute span why would they be taking penalties at all? They have the puck!

Without even looking at the series stats, I’m assuming Pitt has more pp chances than Philly. Maybe I’m off here. But my eyes have told me that should be the way it is.

The Leafs probably should’ve had a few more times in the box last night in the last 10 minutes. But they went in to the old ‘they can’t call pass interference on every play’ mode and it worked. Be happy about it.

Boston is up on total pp opportunities in the series because they’ve carried the play longer than the Leafs have. If the Leafs switch roles next game it would more favour them. Simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad