News Article: The Red Wings’ Empire Is Crumbling

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's where the corsi argument falls short of being a great one. Marchenko isn't a number 1d on this team. Not even close

That's now how you should interpret those stats.

But the stat confirms to me that he was at least one of our top 6 d-men. He wasn't expensive. He's relatively young. He's a righty. He's got some good size. Why on earth did we give him up?

Redundant + mediocre + injury prone

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Redundant + mediocre + injury prone

I think I rate Marchenko higher than most. He certainly never seemed redundant to me. A solid bottom pairing guy right now and I saw middle pairing potential.

But sure if you/management saw him as a #7, entirely expendable.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think I rate Marchenko higher than most. He certainly never seemed redundant to me. A solid bottom pairing guy right now and I saw middle pairing potential.

But sure if you/management saw him as a #7, entirely expendable.

Him and Ouellet are very similar to me, and Ouellet has taken steps forward this year and Marcehnko hasn't.

Kind of how I view the situation. Jensen brings skating. Sproul brings the shot and offense. Nothing really seperate Ouellet and Marchenko to me other than handedness.

Plus he obviously wasn't cool with being a #7 at times, whereas maybe some of others are. I'm sure that factored into this as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad