The Rebuilding of the C of Red - Rebuilding Thread

TylerSVT*

Yea if we want to trade up for a top 5 pick IMO it begins with Baertschi and St.Louis + Pitts 1st's. Worth it? Hard to say.

2 1sts and sven? F that. Most i would do is Sven + pitts pick for top 5 pick.

if were adding in the St.Louis pick, i want 1st overall. That would gut this team so bad. Jones/Mackinnon would be a good combo moving forward though.

If anything, i would prefer to trade up to the 9th(ish) spot and try to get Monohan.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
2 1sts and sven? F that. Most i would do is Sven + pitts pick for top 5 pick.

if were adding in the St.Louis pick, i want 1st overall. That would gut this team so bad. Jones/Mackinnon would be a good combo moving forward though.

If anything, i would prefer to trade up to the 9th(ish) spot and try to get Monohan.

Yea I'm not saying we should, but I think that's what it takes for a team give up that top 5 pick. Right now it just doesn't seem worth it, but in relation we could be giving up a few Backstroms for a Pronger and Malkin. A bit drastic maybe but could be worth it in hindsight. I still wouldn't do it tho.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Yea I'm not saying we should, but I think that's what it takes for a team give up that top 5 pick. Right now it just doesn't seem worth it, but in relation we could be giving up a few Backstroms for a Pronger and Malkin. A bit drastic maybe but could be worth it in hindsight. I still wouldn't do it tho.
I wouldn't do it for the fact that you never know for sure what you're gonna get out of the draft and I like sven. He's the one top end prospect we've had in a long time no need to trade him. Just take the three prospects that we get anywhere in the draft and develop them as well as we can.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
I'm hoping to get either Mac or Barkov.
Both in my mind could turn this sad group around. I mean, currently, Calgary has no 1st line and it is pretty apparent playing night in/out.

My targets this free agency are Flipper and Horton. As well as if Iggy wants to come. But no love lost if he doesn't.

I believe that guys like Tanguay are useful, he's signed to a cap friendly long term contract that other teams might be willing to move pieces for. I mean, Erat plays a different type of game of course, but if his numbers can garner a very high end prospect, I think Tanguay should be able to bring a very solid defense prospect back.

Either way, my ideal lines for next year would be:

Sven - Mac/Barkov - Horton
Backlund - Filppula - Hudler (2 center line, never a bad thing, also: 57.7; 'nuff said, I know it's guarded, but still)
Glencross - Stajan - Cammi or Stemp (One has to be dealt imo)
Jackman - Bouma - Grats
+'s are Begin and Aliu; depending on fourth line play.

Defense, would require a hockey trade using Cammy and/or Tanguay. Because our defense is pretty bad lol (*cough* 8 goals *cough*)

IMHO, Filppula should absolutely be a target for Calgary. He fits Hartley's system well, and he has excellent chemistry with Hudler (currently Calgary's best forward). Although I do think your Backlund/Flip/Hudler line would be #1 - at least to begin with. I would also suggest switching Backlund and Bart; there's no way of knowing how well Mac/Barkov do on faceoffs right off the bat (and may even need to start on the wing), plus the fact that Backlund is better defensively and would allow Mac/Barkov a little offensive freedom while they find their defensive game.

To me, Cammalleri seems to make the most sense in a trade; Glencross/Stajan/Stempniak still has offensive punch, but Stempniak is the better defensiv player and makes it a better defensive line. Cammalleri being around gets in the way of having the younger guys - Bart, Mack/Barkov, Flip, Hudler, and even Glencross, Backlund, and Stajan - play PP minutes. He also has decent value right now, and will likely have significantly less as next season goes on. Dealing him for a youngish 3/4 defenseman (or more), would be prudent.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Button on that's hockey said that Mcdavid has the capability to be a Crosby caliber player. Hopefully we get last next year. He said a franchise defining player

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Button on that's hockey said that Mcdavid has the capability to be a Crosby caliber player. Hopefully we get last next year. He said a franchise defining player

Connor Mcdavid is not eligible to be drafted until 2015.

^ Beaten to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad