When did the rebuild start

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Think so. But The Athletic crowd is probably not the most casual of fans so its more biased towarss analytics instead of home team bias?

Well they guy who created it is more of an analytics guy for sure. He also runs probabilites for each game during the season and think he has even a solid record with that. This survey is running for 3 years now, last two years in was published in The Hockey News but since Dom went to the Athletic so did the survey. I would guess most of the people voting found it via Twitter where Dom posts it and then it gets liked/retweeted and forwarded.

Nevertheless I would guess not everyone voting is taking a great deal of time to do this. After all you have to judge 6 categories for 31 teams - if you want to do that in a real proper way, that will take you hours, so I would take the public opinion with a grain salt. Its likely based on a few pieces folks read here and there and probably more accurate for the popular teams. Just guessing but not too many people are too invested in the Coyotes, Blue Jackets or Canes, so the judgement for these teams might be a bit more flawed than for others like Toronto, Montreal, Detroit etc.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Well they guy who created it is more of an analytics guy for sure. He also runs probabilites for each game during the season and think he has even a solid record with that. This survey is running for 3 years now, last two years in was published in The Hockey News but since Dom went to the Athletic so did the survey. I would guess most of the people voting found it via Twitter where Dom posts it and then it gets liked/retweeted and forwarded.

Nevertheless I would guess not everyone voting is taking a great deal of time to do this. After all you have to judge 6 categories for 31 teams - if you want to do that in a real proper way, that will take you hours, so I would take the public opinion with a grain salt. Its likely based on a few pieces folks read here and there and probably more accurate for the popular teams. Just guessing but not too many people are too invested in the Coyotes, Blue Jackets or Canes, so the judgement for these teams might be a bit more flawed than for others like Toronto, Montreal, Detroit etc.

Agree with everything you said.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Well the thing about public *opinion* is it doesn’t require anyone to do research, it’s simply how they feel about things. If you want a more in-depth analysis go read any of the pieces put out by hockey writers and pundits.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Well, as fun as this topic was to explore, I believe we are at an end. Locking this thread up. Rebuild talk can continue in the management thread.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad