Player Discussion "The Real Deal" James Neal

What should we do with James Neal moving forward?

• Make room for him in the top 6

• Play him in the bottom 6

• Buy him out...put the savings to good use (re-sign Bear, AA, Ennis, Nuge etc)

• PP net front, but very limited minutes 5v5...he will need to accept it

• Huh, he's "The Real Deal"....dumb poll

• Trade him for another overpaid player: Ladd, Okposo, Erikkson, Loooch!

• "Convince" Seattle to take him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
He's had really good jump these last 3 games. Hopefully he keeps it up and can be a regular contributor next season if we don't buy him out.
Maybe he's just ramping up for playoffs. He was great in the play-ins last year and a lot of older guys need to conserve their bodies throughout the season. They can't just play the power forward game for all 82 games + playoffs, nobody's body can handle that. Fingers crossed he's hitting that point now where it's time to ramp up for when the games matter.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Maybe he's just ramping up for playoffs. He was great in the play-ins last year and a lot of older guys need to conserve their bodies throughout the season. They can't just play the power forward game for all 82 games + playoffs, nobody's body can handle that. Fingers crossed he's hitting that point now where it's time to ramp up for when the games matter.

He had the Covid issues but by my eye his skating looks so much better than at any other point of the season. I get that it's hard to play a PF game 82 games a season (56 this season) but he really hasn't had his feet under him IMO until these last 3 games. I hope that Jujhar can stay healthy as that is a solid 4th line with them and Chiasson.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
He had the Covid issues but by my eye his skating looks so much better than at any other point of the season. I get that it's hard to play a PF game 82 games a season (56 this season) but he really hasn't had his feet under him IMO until these last 3 games. I hope that Jujhar can stay healthy as that is a solid 4th line with them and Chiasson.

I like that as a heavy fourth line with some skill. Flexibility too if Tippett wants to move Neal up at times to add size on a second line and Chiasson can support as net front present on PP. I think Tippett rolls with these veterans though Kassian is also probably dressed for playoffs.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Listening to NHL on Sirius XM this morning and apparently Neal as not ever been out of the playoffs.

Dallas, check.
Pittsburgh, check.
Nashville, Finals!
Vegas 1st year expansion team, Finals!
Calgary which suck, best year ever, check.
Oilers who never make the playoffs, both years check.

James Neal is our secret ingredient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad