OT: The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche l Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know what to think of it as of now...

The jersey has some promise, but some aspects kind of turn me off. First the logo, I can never clear my mind again of the person who labeled it as the "Deathly Hallows". :laugh: That is seriously all I see in that logo. And the logo just looks weird at the bottom of the triangle like it's missing something. But the most frustrating part has to be the squared box white at the shoulders, seriously you can't add a red trim there? Or a silver trim? Why just make it plain white? And why just one shoulder patch?

member 116861

These look great and look a lot better in real life than in the illustrations. Still don't like the flag only on one shoulder. Add something to the other shoulder like another flag, or the US flag, or the main logo, or even the Wild logo would look better than nothing. Also don't like the laces because they aren't actually laces but a lot of teams are starting to do that so I can forgive them.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That 3rd is awesome. But I'm personally not a big burgundy person, so that 3rd is easily going to become my next jersey to compliment the white away and black ice I have. Probably going to get a Landeskog since he will be around for awhile.

Ronzie Avs

Jun 17, 2015
I'll just leave this here...

People might not want to hear it, but I'm starting to think the Avs are gonna phase out the old logo. Wouldn't be surprised to see our new mains in a couple years have the C logo instead.

Set 1: Current Colors (Home and Away)
v8eelg.png

Set 2: Burgundy and Dark Navy Blue (Home and Away)
295vko7.png

Set 3: Dark Navy Blue and Burgundy (Home and Away)
2uftx1y.png

(The logo isn't perfect, because it's still based on the icethetics preview from several weeks ago, so you'll have to forgive me for that. :) )

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Set 1: Current Colors (Home and Away)
v8eelg.png

Set 2: Burgundy and Dark Navy Blue (Home and Away)
295vko7.png

Set 3: Dark Navy Blue and Burgundy (Home and Away)
2uftx1y.png

(The logo isn't perfect, because it's still based on the icethetics preview from several weeks ago, so you'll have to forgive me for that. :) )
I hope they make something like set 3 the home and away going forward. I'm over burgundy personally. Plus it just looks black when it gets wet.

The new third might be my new favorite jersey. My other is the Penguins Winter Classic from 5 or 6 years ago that was also a navy blue.

FoppaForsberg*

I could see us revamping our jerseys completely to be honest. Avs new age, jerseys need an overhaul anyways, Sakic/Roy always talk about wanting to bring the fans back, etc. Burgundy is such a hard colour to make look good too, better as a secondary colour imo.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Overall love it. Don't like the blank shoulder; I really hope they put something there. The logo does seem a little large. Otherwise, it's great!

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
our jersey logo has always seemed kind of large
I'm sure it will appear to be no larger when we see the actual physical product

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Best 3rd to date but that is not saying much.
Logo too large, needs some rounding of the corners on the shoulders and another logo to balance out. Not a fan of the state flag (weird to have two similar logos). Does not build uppon prior indentity and somewhat unoriginal main logo. Overall its OK I guess.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I can't believe the same team that came up with the unipron and the smurfberry abominations came up with that masterpiece. If the Avalanche go with the old 3rds as their main and these as the alternates they'd go from one of the worst to one of the best-dressed teams in the game.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
This is surprisingly not horrendous. It's a pleasant jersey and unique enough to be worth getting if you want something fresh....and I think it'll look good in action. Could it be improved? Sure...but all things considered, thumbs up for keeping it simple.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I can't believe the same team that came up with the unipron and the smurfberry abominations came up with that masterpiece. If the Avalanche go with the old 3rds as their main and these as the alternates they'd go from one of the worst to one of the best-dressed teams in the game.

I don't even want to know what the PL era Avs would have come up with. More diagonal lettering with red, blue and yellow? Who knows.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Well that obviously won't happen.

That said, the unipron won't live for too long so at least there'll be something else.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If they don't put something on the empty shoulder I'm just gonna find a way to put something there myself lol. It is a beautiful jersey but that empty patch looks stupid

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Wasn't a fan at first glance, but they're growing on me. Definitely share the concern over the blank shoulder, but I'm sure they have a plan for it. I really dig the idea of putting home country flags there; would be unique in the best way possible.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm liking it more and more. I won't buy another jersey until the Adidas contract kicks in but this one is really nice. Might go with one of those player t-shirts and a hat with the new logo in the meantime.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really don't know how certain people hate it with a passion. It is a pretty conservative design when the most controversial element is a state flag patch on one shoulder. This isn't like the fisherman jerseys... It is a simple design that is a throwback while not being totally retro.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Chet brought up a good point on the main board. Positive feedback will actually show the team that change is good, something they've struggled with. Of course the people that hate it have their opinion and that's fine but those that are hating it just to hate it or because the foot isn't there or the color or some nitpicky reason then I hope you enjoy the unipron for the rest of your life because that's what we will be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad