OT: The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche l Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I love how the ducks jersey has 'Anaheim' up one side of the collar. That would have been a good addition to Colorado's IMO.

Really makes you wonder why they didn't throw the A on the left shoulder. Seems like it would ideally be a perfect situation to place the main logo on an alternate jersey.

IMO that's unnecessary, like the tiny Buffalo on their gold thirds. Leave it as clean as possible.

Yeah seems logical to put the main logo on the shoulder but maybe they will put something there.

I'm still astonished the Avs managed to create something bold and modern. I wonder who really took the lead on this.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
People might not want to hear it, but I'm starting to think the Avs are gonna phase out the old logo. Wouldn't be surprised to see our new mains in a couple years have the C logo instead.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Love It....Love It....Love It....Love It....Love It....

Surprised they aren't putting anything on the other shoulder. But it is still one damn fine jersey. Can't wait to own one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
People might not want to hear it, but I'm starting to think the Avs are gonna phase out the old logo. Wouldn't be surprised to see our new mains in a couple years have the C logo instead.

It's a very 90s logo while this new one is more timeless.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
the a logo can fade away for me thatd be fine

then in 20 years they can bring it back as part of andother rebrand

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way (because I like the jersey and plan to get one), but for people that are good with Photoshop, I wonder if they might be able to do some suggested tweaks.

1) Make the white outline a bit thinner all the way around the triangle...could make the logo appear less "large".

2) Remove the white triangle outline altogether, leave the white at the top to represent the snow-peak.

3) Even thought of removing the white triangle outline altogether and then having the "C" a bit bigger so that it lays out over the mountain (while still keeping the snow-cap)?

I'm curious how those 3 suggestions might make the logo look better, or worse. I'd do it myself but A) don't have Photoshop, and B) The times I've used Photoshop, I've been really terrible at it.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Really, really like the new thirds. If they are doing something with the blank shoulder I really hope it is the player country idea that someone mentioned. That would make them an instant buy from me. Not sure who I'd get though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Removing too much white might make the jersey look too dark (like our current home jerseys) but as I have absolutely no photoshop skills (literally, I've never used it) I'd be happy to see any new interpretations. What I'd be curious to see is the back of the jerseys in the supposed new front and white letters.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Removing too much white might make the jersey look too dark (like our current home jerseys) but as I have absolutely no photoshop skills (literally, I've never used it) I'd be happy to see any new interpretations. What I'd be curious to see is the back of the jerseys in the supposed new front and white letters.

True, I agree with that. Which is why I'd be more curious to see a "trimmer" looking white outline. Just bring it in a little on all sides. But that's just a minor mention on my part, I still think it looks damn good.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I'd prefer if the logo was slightly smaller, but I love our new third. Big step up from the blueberries.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I hope this isn't taken the wrong way (because I like the jersey and plan to get one), but for people that are good with Photoshop, I wonder if they might be able to do some suggested tweaks.

1) Make the white outline a bit thinner all the way around the triangle...could make the logo appear less "large".

2) Remove the white triangle outline altogether, leave the white at the top to represent the snow-peak.

3) Even thought of removing the white triangle outline altogether and then having the "C" a bit bigger so that it lays out over the mountain (while still keeping the snow-cap)?

I'm curious how those 3 suggestions might make the logo look better, or worse. I'd do it myself but A) don't have Photoshop, and B) The times I've used Photoshop, I've been really terrible at it.

Yeah. I would agree. The silver outline closer to the mountain, with a very thin white separating it might make it a little smaller.

I like that blue WAY more than our old blue.

FoppaForsberg*

Damn, the more I see it, the more I wish I held off on getting the Ducks jersey and waited for this.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I don't like how the blue in the logo is different than the jersey color. Drives me up the wall. I like the design though. The yellow in the state flag bugs me, too. It clashes too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad