OT: The Re-Brand Of The Avalanche l Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the apron is gone in two years once Adidas takes over. It might be replaced with three stripes though......

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I really don't know how certain people hate it with a passion. It is a pretty conservative design when the most controversial element is a state flag patch on one shoulder. This isn't like the fisherman jerseys... It is a simple design that is a throwback while not being totally retro.

Yeah I can't see how you can hate it that much more than being "meh" about it.
Which I am.

Don't mind it and between this and the apron I'd rather have this cause the apron is terrible.
Hoping for a lot of 3rd jersey games this year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't mind the new "C" secondary logo (in fact, I can't wait to buy some merch with it), but damn...the lack of a prominent separation between the burgundy and blue, the piping (the bane of all our existences), with the new anniversary logo just makes it look bad.

Now, to clarify, I don't mind the anniversary logo (after the Xvalanche debacle, I liked the nice, simple approach), but it's the addition of it when our main home/away's look so terrible.

So, like I said, hoping/praying that changes will be coming around the corner in the future.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah, after staring at the new thirds all week...

It's different seeing the new C patch. I still like it but will take some time to get used to. But the way the captain C and the anniversary patch look like some sort of random stickers placed on the jersey, it's just too bad.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It's a shame that in the 20th anniversary season, we'll be wearing the worst jersey of those 20 years.

:bday:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, yeah I guess you could say the jersey got worse as the patch looks dumb over the apron string but the jersey didn't really change so whatever... Looking forward to other changes in the next two years, though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As expected, it's a cluttered mess. The patch on the shoulders looks kinda big too but that might just be because it's no longer the foot and I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
That third jersey is not bad but it could have been a lot better. They are miles better than the smurfs though.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The Avs logo is pretty big anyway

Here's another, just trying to give the best view of it

The Ducks' is really nice too but the striping is a little busy. I'm glad ours is really clean in regards to striping. The one shoulder is a bit odd but otherwise I love it love it.

I never liked fake laces.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My god that 20th anniversary patch really messes with the whole thing. I'm not as down on the current jersey as a lot here but holy hell that patch is just awful

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Coming from a guy who likes the apron jerseys, all those patches seem way too heavy and cluttered. Love the new C shoulder patch, love the anniversary patch, but everything together with the captain C... yikes.

Hopefully, because the alternates are new, they'll wear their thirds a lot this year.

Still trying to decide if I'm going to buy the new third jersey or a bunch of new Avs shirts.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
just saw this photoshopped 3rd posted on r/coloradoavalanche - sure is pretty!
UgKbwT6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad