The Raptor Jesus Experience - 12/27 vs Nashville

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah, just saw that one. It's good that it got posted there too as Raptor Jesus belongs to everyone. :laugh:

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Okay I'm back at my PC.. What an incredible night!

Tonight we got to the game and after some crazy ticket shenanigans, we were able to get to our seats. We did the pre-game warmup stuff and had our signs up but we got there a bit late due to the ticket shenanigans. We did get to show off the signs and some of the looks from players were amazing.

We did run by the tunnel before they ran in and screamed for Peverley but he did not notice.

Finally got to our seats and we had our signs waiting for when they came out. Seguin was trying to read the sign (our Google one) and was confused as all hell. Antoine Roussel was laughing like crazy at the sign.

Peverley was making sure to focus on the game and never even noticed us until the start of the second period when he saw the signs and us and actually tried talking to us over the glass. I think he asked what was on our heads (the masks) but we couldn't hear him nor could he hear us. He was laughing though with Colton Sceviour about the shenanigans and I hear it was all caught on the broadcast.

BciVjkkCEAAlMRj.jpg

We made the jumbotron NUMEROUS times. I think about 4+ times throughout the evening. Here is a clip of us on there recorded from a friend in the upper bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HgbqW2wJvk

At the end of the game, something unexpected happened. Antoine Roussel came over to us and asked us if he could have the sign. We threw it over the glass and he took it. We were stunned and stoked but he actually turned around and then gave us his game stick! He took one of three of the signs back to the locker room.

Here is Mer (She helped us make the signs with the stick after the game)

1538921_10100532818439767_108942899_n.jpg

After the game we decided to go to the Old No 7 Club in the American Airlines Center to see if we can see some players leaving the arena. They have this nice glass setup on the bottom part of the bar where you can watch players all dressed up and leaving the arena.

We got to see Antoine Roussel (who mouthed that he loved the signs and gave us a thumbs up) as he walked by, Stephane Robidas (who is surprisingly walking and with only a slight limp even though he broke his leg about a month ago), Val Nichushkin who had no idea what was going on, Tyler Seguin who gave us a nod, Dan Ellis, Kari Lehtonen etc.

Mr. Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverely was walking out with his wife and two kids (who were adorable in their two mini Peverley jerseys) and he noticed our signs. He gave us a huge thumbs up and laughed. He kept walking and went to sign some autographs for special guests outside of the area we were at. He then turned around and walked inside the room we were at and came directly to us.

Apparently others said that players never walk into the Jack Daniels Club unless it is New Years Eve or something. We got to chat with Rich Peverley! He asked us where we were from and HE DOES KNOW ABOUT RAPTOR JESUS. I told him it originated in Atlanta and he said he knew about it! I also told him it followed him to Boston and now to Dallas and we wanted to keep it alive. He laughed and thanked us and we got to grab a picture with him and he autographed the signs and our Raptor Jesus jerseys. He is an incredible dude and easily my most respected hockey player that I have ever met.

What an insane night! So glad me and my friend went through all of this. It was a total blast :D

(As you can see... One sign is missing. Roussel took that one :P)

BcjJpvXCQAAboWp.jpg

1524645_10100532810201277_818903373_n.jpg

1514660_10102014205607778_796414509_n.jpg

Last edited:

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
Anybody know when the broadcast mentioned the shenanigans?

I want to try and find it on GameCenter.

ATL Star

Mar 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
What a great experience!

I'm glad to see Rich is such a cool guy. I remember that name back in his Thrasher days--still think it's hysterical.

Thanks for posting pics and updates--gonna try and find y'all on GCL when I get a chance.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
What a story! Unreal story, congrats on what sounds like an awesome awesome night!!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Wow that was amazing!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo:

Glad to see Rich Peverley get some love- he was great for us but not always appreciated.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
And to conclude my story/experience.

I got a real Rich Peverley jersey signed this morning. Roussel said the sign they took is in the AAC Locker Room now.

1525365_10152090557905399_1240128180_n.jpg

The end :P

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Suck an awesome story. I have to admit, I'm really jealous. :handclap:

Oh and what a class act Raptor Jesus is.

Brand New Stars

Very nice. What is it like going to practice for sigs this year? I go every year but I read on another site Benn and Seguin skip out now because they have an alternate door to go through. Is it only the lesser name players that sign now?

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
I didn't stay too long.

I left before a majority of people but this was one of the biggest crowds all year. Jim Lites walked out and was stunned and then tried pitching tickets on people haha.

I saw Roussel, Nichushkin, Daley, Connauton, Gonchar, Peverley, Dan Ellis and then I bolted.

Wouldn't be surprised if Benn and the others took alternate ways out. I know Benn had to get on the ticket that afternoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad