The Raptor Jesus Experience - 12/27 vs Nashville

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Hey guys!

Raptor-Jesus.gif

So a few months or so ago, I had posted about my idea of ordering a Raptor Mask and possibly printing a sign that had the google search results for our beloved Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverely and wearing it to a game.

Well... This is happening and I will be accompanied by a best friend of mine and I want to document the process here :P

What is this?

My friend and I decided that we wanted to go to a Dallas Stars game wearing Raptor masks and custom jerseys that said 'Raptor Jesus' on the back of them with #17. Our goal is to sit directly behind the players and have a sign showing our love for #17 himself, Rich Peverely

Why are you doing this?

Because Rich Peverley is fricken awesome and we should all hail his Raptor holy powers. Also during an autograph signing this year, I told Rich Peverley about Raptor Jesus and he said he had no idea of the nickname. Now he will ;)

Wait.. what why is Peverley Raptor Jesus?

Raptor Jesus originated here on HFBoards. One Atlanta Thrasher fan (he was probably drunk) decided to name him that after he had an amazing performance in one of his early games with the Thrashers. The name followed him with Nashville and the Bruins fans kept it going. We Stars fans are now keeping it up.

Read more here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=912494

Which game are you doing this at?

Tickets have been purchased and you will see me and my friend behind the Stars bench on December 27th vs the Nashville Predators ! Section 114 - Row C (Row C is behind the bench and directly behind the glass as A/B doesn't exist in that section)

Who are we?

Well I'm Adam (@PezRadar on Twitter for anyone that follows). I'm a current Season Ticket Holder and sit up in 304 Row BB. I work in video games and been a HUGE Stars fan for quite some time.

The other raptor is Zach (@Zaford20 on Twitter). He is one of my best friends and also works with me. He is a current half season ticket holder for the Stars and a half season ticket holder for the Allen Americans with his wife.

How will you achieve this?

Well we need a few things and so far we have some of them and are working on the rest.

1) Tickets to the game directly behind the players bench - DONE
2) Raptor Masks - DONE
3) Raptor Jesus Jerseys - ACQUIRED - https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1505172_10152063869120399_437464820_n.jpg
4) Sign with Peverley Google Search Results - Still in Progress (the image will look similar to this on a giant poster)

Hopefully you guys don't mind this thread and me documenting the experience. I figured it would be fun. I kind of wanted to post in the General forum but figured people would think I'm a total idiot and it would be locked in seconds :P

I will update the thread once more things are procured! As for now.... I leave you with an image of the Raptor Mask in action! Go Stars ! :yo:

BbPQWNDCcAAjVjZ.jpg

Last edited:

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
:biglaugh:

I vaguely remember this nickname. I'm not a Stars fan (like your team though!) but I might just have to tune into this game. Do it man. It will be awesome. It will be interesting to see if the bench reacts. Pure confusion.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I saw "The Raptor Jesus experience" as the latest thread in the Central Division and I couldn't help myself

I approve of this plan.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Thanks for the words of encouragement :P

I'm looking forward to it. Should have jerseys tomorrow and will post some pics of those!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
OK, so you were the one who asked him about the nickname. There have definitely been conflicting reports on whether he's aware of it. Not sure if we covered that at the time or if I went back and looked up old threads from the Boston board, but I definitely remember other people seeming to indicate that he knew about it.

This is certainly better than the horse head in a Mooterus incident.

Maybe you could construct a gold halo out of tinsel wrapped around a pipe cleaner or something and attach that to the mask. I do kinda like the Santa hat idea though. :laugh:

Primetimey*

Make sure you grab their attention during warmups, that will be your best bet to get a big chuckle from the entire team.

Also, you are a Marketing Manager for Gearbox.. that is sweet. #Jealous

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Not sure if I will do a Santa hat because Christmas will be over by the time the Nashville game rolls around.

I'm thinking I may ask around here for some new photoshop images of Peverley and may use them on the posters.

I do plan on getting to the game early and sitting around during warm ups. Hoping he and the rest of the team notices :)

May spread the thread link around to some notables. Would be hilarious to get on Puck Daddy or get on Sportscenter :P

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
OK, so you were the one who asked him about the nickname. There have definitely been conflicting reports on whether he's aware of it. Not sure if we covered that at the time or if I went back and looked up old threads from the Boston board, but I definitely remember other people seeming to indicate that he knew about it.

This is certainly better than the horse head in a Mooterus incident.

Maybe you could construct a gold halo out of tinsel wrapped around a pipe cleaner or something and attach that to the mask. I do kinda like the Santa hat idea though. :laugh:

I don't know what thread it was discussed in, but I thought a fan here said they went to the Galleria team even around September and spoke to him about it. IIRC, he wasn't aware of Raptor Jesus, but they gave him a brief rundown.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't know what thread it was discussed in, but I thought a fan here said they went to the Galleria team even around September and spoke to him about it. IIRC, he wasn't aware of Raptor Jesus, but they gave him a brief rundown.
That was the OP. :laugh:

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas

Yep that was me!

CorwiN

Oct 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
The chances of Peverley randomly getting traded before the 27th went up by an astonishing 10000000% upon the creation of this thread :P

Seriously though, awesome stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad