The Rangers 1st Round Pick

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think Rangers defer.

1 reason - 2017 draft class is looking to be extremely soft on depth, so a late first next year ins't all that enticing.

The only thing saving us is the fact they will lose Yandle and possible more this off season and realize that they might not be as good.

Here's hoping that they think that way.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The Rangers have always lived in the now. This will be no different. We'll get the pick in '17.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I think they defer but I hope they don't.

This year is a good deep draft and the quality of the prospect between 25/30th this year has a good chance to be better than a pick 20th/25th next year (I don't think the Rangers will collapse next year)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
- They defer
- Pick wins the first lottery, Nolan Patrick come on down
- Team moves to Vegas

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
- They defer
- Pick wins the first lottery, Nolan Patrick come on down
- Team moves to Vegas

- They defer
- Pick wins first lottery, Nolan Patrick come on down
- Patrick helps open new arena.:nod:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm torn...on one hand I really feel like this is the last hoorah draft in regards to the rebuild and because of that I'd like the pick now. However the possibility the Rangers could really fall off next year and miss the playoffs is pretty enticing!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm torn...on one hand I really feel like this is the last hoorah draft in regards to the rebuild and because of that I'd like the pick now. However the possibility the Rangers could really fall off next year and miss the playoffs is pretty enticing!

I'm in a hurry to get kids under contract and AHL eligible. :)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
With how many guys close to making the jump plus a potential high pick this year, rolling the dice on improving the NY pick next year just makes more sense to me.

WhyteAveJesus

Aug 24, 2015
Edmonton, AB
It'd be more beneficial to Arizona if they didn't defer. This draft class is packed to the brim with first round talent, more than next year definitely but we'll see how 2017 draft prospects boost their value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad