The Race for the Calder Trophy

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Is it harder for Bedard to break in as an elite talent this year compared to crosby,ovi, McDavid and even matthews? Is there more elite depth and overall scoring competition league wide compared to when these guys broke in. Will this hindered how he is viewed? For example it reminds me of Stamkos in his rookie year guys like Crosby, ovi, malkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Parise, getzlaff, Iginla etc... were already established similar to how Bedard is breaking in with mcdavid, Mackinnon, kucherov, panarin, Matthews, pasta, and drai along with players having career years like Reinhart. I think he is well in line with draft projections in fact I could see him having a great sophomore year like Stamkos and Stamkos might have cemented himself as a top 3-5 player before the injury. Is Bedard's Rookie season being overshadowed by the great seasons players are having?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Luke another primary assist. I suspect he'll finish third behind Bedard and Faber. But I dont think his imapct is far behind those (if at all)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Forget the Calder, Bedard should win a Nobel for his efforts on a team this awful.

It was a nice pass by Faber today, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad