Speculation: The race for 97 points AKA the playoff push thread.

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
You wrote a whole chart on the rest of the schedule but all you have to say is blah blah to the fact that the team itself will likely get much worse on paper in a month.
Are you this contrarian in every single aspect of your life? It's not even necessarily pessimistic... You just take the opposite stance of whatever the vibe/subject of a thread is. It honestly seems at this point you just like to argue for the sake of arguing... Which I can appreciate, but you're bad at it and annoying.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think Montreal has two things going for them that Buffalo doesn't: consistent goaltending and depth scoring.

Seriously, take a look at Buffalo's scoring. It's basically the Eichel/Skinner/Reinhart line and then a bunch of players not even on pace for 40 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina passes them at some point.
Agreed about Carolina, mainly because of Curtis McIlhinney, otherwise the way you described the Sabres applies to the Hurricanes.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I want either Pitt or CBJ. I think we match up better with Pitt, but they're also significantly more experienced and know how to win in the playoffs. CBJ is a worse match up, but they're chokers and Bob is awful in the playoffs. Either way we need to stay away from Washington and Tampa.
By that time it should be JF Berube making Garth Snow eat his 3 goalie rotation.

Which is okay because Garth looks like he ate everything else.

Reactions: doublechili

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
This chart looks interesting, from an Islanders perspective at least!
Shot rates.jpg

Reactions: Riseonfire

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Since Dec 1 (1.5 months, 21 games, a quarter of the season) they are playing at 113 points pace. At this moment in time I would be more suprised if they don't make playoffs than if they do. Tough stretch between ASG and TDL is ahead though.

Reactions: bigtim1988

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
As people here pointed out, we have some tough matches after ASG and TDL, but this team looks better against good teams. They raise their game when people expect them to loose. The biggest difference from this season and last (of course after goals against) is that they find ways to win in the close games and they dont throw away leads like least year. Every time I think that the usual losing streak (every f***ing year) is coming, they turn around and win.

So proud of this team and we as fans should be over the moon happy for a team that is playing for the playoffs and stop talking about trading UFAs and think of the future. Arent you guys sick of looking forward and never get to enjoy the season we are in? I for one hate going thru all of spring time without Islanders hockey. Getting to the playoffs will be good for the this team and they will gain experience from it, even if its getting destroyed by the TBL or Washington (I dont think they will) . We have good talents in the pipeline, even if we are short on center prospects, but they can be found in the outside the top 15 and we have assets to move for a centerman. I hope Lou holds on to the 1rd pick and the UFAs and look for some upgrade that will make the team better, but not for the cost of Dobson,Wahlstrom etc.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
As people here pointed out, we have some tough matches after ASG and TDL, but this team looks better against good teams. They raise their game when people expect them to loose. The biggest difference from this season and last (of course after goals against) is that they find ways to win in the close games and they dont throw away leads like least year. Every time I think that the usual losing streak (every ****ing year) is coming, they turn around and win.

So proud of this team and we as fans should be over the moon happy for a team that is playing for the playoffs and stop talking about trading UFAs and think of the future. Arent you guys sick of looking forward and never get to enjoy the season we are in? I for one hate going thru all of spring time without Islanders hockey. Getting to the playoffs will be good for the this team and they will gain experience from it, even if its getting destroyed by the TBL or Washington (I dont think they will) . We have good talents in the pipeline, even if we are short on center prospects, but they can be found in the outside the top 15 and we have assets to move for a centerman. I hope Lou holds on to the 1rd pick and the UFAs and look for some upgrade that will make the team better, but not for the cost of Dobson,Wahlstrom etc.

We also have NJ/Ducks/Hawks coming up and a 4 game stretch of Philly/Ott/Ott/Philly which is awesome. A playoff bound team needs to take all of those points right there. Our schedule is pretty easy going forward compared to most of the league. No reason why we shouldn't win all 7 of those games.

Reactions: norwegianislander

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I wonder what will happen next. This team could easily lose 8 of the next ten by one goal or win eight of the next ten by one goal. I think you need a full 80 games to see how good this team is because all these low scoring games leave you wondering but not complaining

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I wonder what will happen next. This team could easily lose 8 of the next ten by one goal or win eight of the next ten by one goal. I think you need a full 80 games to see how good this team is because all these low scoring games leave you wondering but not complaining

Could easily lose 8 in a row?? Have you even watched a single game? Where do you come up with this stuff.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Oh My God! The first sign of a glass is half full attitude change AJ!!

Welcome to the LIGHT side! Dip a toe in the pool!

:vhappy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad