C66CF766-A503-4CBF-901A-67B96D645006.png
53F8B7AF-2B65-42BB-BB3A-E81314CE6AE8.png

Reactions: Blowfish

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've been a big fan of the Bottle Rockets for about 30 years now. They're more of a regional band here in the Midwest but they were one of the founders of the Alt Country movement back in the 90s and are still going strong today. This is a really simple song of theirs, but its one of my favorites and I like the video too

cause I love dogs.....

Here's another one of my favorites, it sums up my opinion of Indianapolis very nicely.....

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
You know it’s great when you have your music on shuffle and you surprise yourself with a song that you didn’t know you had and it is this good. Just wow. I think I would pay a lot to see this Live.

Reactions: aguineapig

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
You know it’s great when you have your music on shuffle and you surprise yourself with a song that you didn’t know you had and it is this good. Just wow. I think I would pay a lot to see this Live.

I saw it live, for free in 1989.

Johnny Winter could have been a walk on for one of the White Walkers in Game of Thrones.....I swear, every time I watched that show, I thought of him.

Last edited:

aguineapig

Johnny and Lil Bro Edgar took their blues to Woodstock. Their Bass player was Tommy Shannon who went on to be Stevie Ray's bass player with Double Trouble.

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Pink_Floyd_-_all_members.jpg

I'm amazed by the snobbery of Rolling Stone. They've published 2 Top 100 artists lists. The first one did not include Queen, Metallica, Pink Floyd (pictured), Talking Heads, R.E.M., Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Jay-Z. The second one did not include Etta James, Miles Davis, Roxy Music, N.W.A., and Martha & The Vandellas. I'm going to try to list some artists that did not make either list:

Van Halen
Fleetwood Mac
ZZ Top
Billy Joel
Rush
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Steely Dan
Deep Purple
Paul McCartney
The Cars
Genesis
Yes
Bob Seger

Last edited:
Reactions: smithformeragent

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Pink_Floyd_-_all_members.jpg

I'm amazed by the snobbery of Rolling Stone. They've published 2 Top 100 bands lists. The first one did not include Queen, Metallica, Pink Floyd (pictured), Talking Heads, R.E.M., Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Jay-Z. The second one did not include Etta James, Miles Davis, Roxy Music, N.W.A., and Martha & The Vandellas. I'm going to try to list some bands that did not make either list:

Van Halen
Fleetwood Mac
ZZ Top
Billy Joel
Rush
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
Steely Dan
Deep Purple
Paul McCartney
The Cars
Genesis
Yes