The Prospects Thread XXV - Stats, Lists in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just being around the team and maybe practicing with them would be a good experience for Virtanen and McCann. But as has been said, I don't think Green will - nor should - mix up the lineup just for the heck of inserting a top prospect. If a need on his roster arises and one of those guys fills it, so be it, though.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat May 2

AHL Playoffs

Chicago 2 Utica 4
Markstrom 17 saves on 19 shots

DeFazio, (1) (O'Reilly)
Gaunce, (1) (Friesen, Sanguinetti) (PP)
Gaunce, (2) (Baertschi, O'Reilly) (PP)
Baertschi, (1) (O'Reilly, Sanguinetti) (EN)

Utica wins series 3-2

OHL Playoffs

Sault Ste. Marie 3 Erie 7
McCann 1 goal (6th), 1 assist, -2
Pettit did not play

Erie wins series 4-2

S_C

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This Mcdavid guy...elimination game just puts up 5 points casually nothing special.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
You have to wonder what he would have to do to impress now.

Turn the Oilers into a contender. Unfortunately I think he is up to that task as well. He is something special.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
McCann really impressed me the last few games after a terrible start to this series. He's quick and a great puck handler, good two way game. Covered back on defense a lot, good awareness and I noticed he was good on draws. Potential 2C in a few years.

The bright sife for you guys is that I fully expect Pettit back by the OHL Finals.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
McCann really impressed me the last few games after a terrible start to this series. He's quick and a great puck handler, good two way game. Covered back on defense a lot, good awareness and I noticed he was good on draws. Potential 2C in a few years.

The bright sife for you guys is that I fully expect Pettit back by the OHL Finals.

McDavid is a monster for you guys.

He's on pace to set the OHL post-season scoring record.

Disgusting.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
McDavid is a monster for you guys.

He's on pace to set the OHL post-season scoring record.

Disgusting.

I thought this was hilarious:

His 19 points against the 'Hounds was an Otters record for most points in a playoff series, breaking the mark of 17 set 2½ weeks ago by someone named Connor McDavid.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/connor-icles--mcdavid-10-points-from-ohl-playoff-record-after-erie-otters-win-west-040238414.html

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This is the Canucks' Prospect Thread, folks. Take the tank/rebuilding discussion to the Armchair or Management threads, and the discussion of other teams' prospects to the Around the League Thread.

Thank you.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
SSM really **** the bed vs Erie.

Took too many stupid penalties like that 5 minute penalty for slewfooting. Just undisciplined play by SSM. Plus DeAngelo could barely shoot the puck :laugh:

You can't give McDavid like 5 power plays a game.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah... SSM was stacked enough that they should have been able to beat a 1line team like Erie. McDavid is unreal though, last game he was pretty much shutdown for 70% of the game and then got 5 points in the last period lmao.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Does this mean nurse is gonna be up for OKC cause ssm was eliminated

Yes but I wouldn't be worried.

Nurse isn't going to win them the series.

In SSM he get's to skate around because they are a very good possession team. But in the AHL they will be going against the 2nd best possession team in the AHL (Comets) so I don't think he'll impact the series that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad