The Prospects Thread XIX - Stats, Lists in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
It's extremely easy to find the ex Canucks thread

So easy to find that no one's posted in that thread in nearly two weeks :laugh:

There's been at least a page of laughing at Cody Hodgson so you can't blame lack of topic

did you forget the :sarcasm: emote?

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
On the thread format - hey, let's give it a chance. In the first post of the Prospects thread you can click on any player link to get current stats - no waiting for periodic updates.
On daily updates, I have consistently tracked North American prospects every night for 9 years, and I have no plans to stop. Usually I will post a list of who is playing in one post, and then later when the games are complete to put another post with the results including links.
I like to be able to view the results all in one post - both good results and bad - both lesser prospects and highly regarded prospects.

Thu Oct 30

NCAA

Bentley 2 Penn State 3
Williamson did not play

OHL

Plymouth 2 Erie 5
Pettit 0 points, -1

Belleville 3 North Bay 2 (SO)
Subban 1 goal (7th), +1 (did not score on his shootout attempt)
Liberati 0 points, even

Kingston 3 Windsor 4
McEneny 1 assist, -1

WHL

Kelowna 5 Portland 0
Cederholm 0 points, -2

S_C

Last edited:

HockeyHobo73

Oct 3, 2013
The stats thread was nice and clean and on the topic with excellent updates by Southern Canuck.. But now we are forced to read through pages of threads of people bickering about trivial things, just so i can find one post each day... Is there a way I can just ignore everyone's posts in this thread except for Southern Canuck?

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
The stats thread was nice and clean and on the topic with excellent updates by Southern Canuck.. But now we are forced to read through pages of threads of people bickering about trivial things, just so i can find one post each day... Is there a way I can just ignore everyone's posts in this thread except for Southern Canuck?

nice and clean? last 4~5 pages of debates actually started from that thread..go figure :p:

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA

I have to agree. It was working well (well enough, there was a bit of commentary but not much), now it is terrible.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
On the thread format - hey, let's give it a chance. In the first post of the Prospects thread you can click on any player link to get current stats - no waiting for periodic updates.
On daily updates, I have consistently tracked North American prospects every night for 9 years, and I have no plans to stop. Usually I will post a list of who is playing in one post, and then later when the games are complete to put another post with the results including links.
I like to be able to view the results all in one post - both good results and bad - both lesser prospects and highly regarded prospects.

Thu Oct 30

NCAA

Bentley 2 Penn State 3
Williamson did not play

OHL

Plymouth 2 Erie 5
Pettit 0 points, -1

Belleville 3 North Bay 2 (SO)
Subban 1 goal (7th), +1 (did not score on his shootout attempt)
Liberati 0 points, even

Kingston 3 Windsor 4
McEneny 1 assist, -1

WHL

Kelowna at Portland 7pm
Cederholm

S_C

And I have had the pleasure of reading your updates for most if not all of those 9 years, even outside of HF, if memory serves.

Cheers

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
The two threads ended up effectively discussing the same things as discussion was spilling over into the stats thread despite it being titled a thread solely for stats. The thread was clean because posts were (or would have been) deleted from the thread regularly. As a result, a decision was made to merge the two threads.

We do monitor the thread and we will see how this decision pans out. If you have any questions, comments, or wish to discuss it further, please PM a mod so this thread can return to discussing prospects.

Last edited:

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Is it fair to say that Gaunce has usurped Jensen as our top AHL prospect? You'd think that Jensen would be racking up points since he finally is playing on a decent team. Compare Jensen's AHL stats with a guy like Bonino's. He just isn't producing at a level that should be expected of him.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Is it fair to say that Gaunce has usurped Jensen as our top AHL prospect? You'd think that Jensen would be racking up points since he finally is playing on a decent team. Compare Jensen's AHL stats with a guy like Bonino's. He just isn't producing at a level that should be expected of him.

Its too early to make that call but I'd agree. Very happy to see that Gaunce is having a good start to his pro career

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Beware small sample sizes and all that.

Gaunce's adjustment to the Pro game so far has been promising for sure. But it hasn't even been a dozen games yet.

Jensen has still been getting chances, and we saw late last year what can happen when Jensen gets on a bit of a roll.

As far as "top AHL prospect", i'm not really sure what exactly that means. Top call-up candidate? Most upside? Most points right now?

For me, Shinkaruk is still our "top prospect" in the AHL, just hasn't jumped out to a hot start. Jensen is still the top "call-up candidate" and probably the most ready to play NHL games right now.

Gaunce adjusting well to the Pro game is very encouraging and not entirely surprising to a lot of folks; considering how "translatable" the foundation of his game looked in Jrs. But it's hard to make pronouncements with a sample that small. Jensen could pretty easily pot a hat-trick next game and suddenly he'd be our "top AHL prospect" again in a statistical sense...or heck, he could go on a 20 game tear and completely blitz the competition (it's happened before). Patience is important with developing Prospects.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Oct 31

AHL

Binghamton at Utica 4pm

Will Markstrom get the record?

ECHL

Kalamazoo at Fort Wayne 5pm
Blomstrand
Fox
Mallet
Valk

NCAA

Bentley at Penn State 4pm
Williamson

Massachusetts at Maine 4pm
Hutton

Yale at Princeton 4pm
Beattie

Boston College at Denver 6:30pm
Demko

OHL

Sault Ste. Marie at London 4:30pm
McCann
Horvat on AHL conditioning stint

North Bay at Mississauga 4:30pm
Liberati

WHL

Prince Albert at Moose Jaw 6pm
Stewart

Calgary at Swift Current 6pm
Virtanen

S_C

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just imagine if we had grabbed Zetterberg and Vrbata to go along with the Sedins in '99? And we could have had Datsyuk the year before! #dynasty

I get the sentiment, but really the talk was about passing up on guys in the 1st round who were on your master list. Had Quinn not overruled Penney on that front we would have seen Tkachuk in a Canucks uniform for the past however many years.

Though as to Zetterberg, we probably didn't even know who the heck he was by the time Delorme took over. :laugh:

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
This thread has become a pain in the ass. If SC has all the updated stats why not post them on one page rather than having to follow links to each player.

This should be the most intersting page but the way it is now just sucks.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
This thread has become a pain in the ass. If SC has all the updated stats why not post them on one page rather than having to follow links to each player.

But I think (I hope) S_C is planning to update with scores the prospects' game sheet a couple of posts above here, after today's games are played. If that's the case, like he's done it for many years, it's all good IMO.

Which sure beats going to all the individual team sites and getting lost in irrelevant thickets of Net, as you say.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

I don't mean to single you out, but this thread was great until all the complaining.

As the mods have said, it was a pain for them to keep cleaning up in there, and I if I remember corectly it was a new thread, this is how it was done in years past, it really shouldn't take more then a few minutes to get the scores. just scroll through, until you see his posts.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
if we are going to redo history lets just not trade Neely, and draft Sakic with the pick we gave to Boston ...

he was just responding to my response that Keith T. was very well known before the draft Penny wanted to draft him according to the story Quinn overruled him. Someone was writing no one knew who Keith was. that was wrong as he was identified in the Hockey News as a high pick. If we picked Keith instead of Shawn Antoski prehaps we win the 94 cup final. He was a very good player at a time Vancouver had a very good team. If the story is correct it was a huge misstep in the teams history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad