The Prospects Thread XIX - Stats, Lists in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Follow the Canucks' Prospects!

(age as of the beginning of the 2013-14 Regular Season)

OHL
Jared McCann (18) Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Kyle Pettit (18) Erie Otters
Bo Horvat (19) London Knights
Miles Liberati (19) North Bay Battalion
Cole Cassels (19) Oshawa Generals
Jordan Subban (19) Belleville Bulls
Evan McEneny (20) Kingston Frontenacs

WHL
Jake Virtanen (18) Calgary Hitmen
Mackenze Stewart (18) Prince Albert Raiders
Anton Cederholm (19) Portland Winterhawks

Europe/KHL
Gustav Forsling (18) Linkoping
Nikita Tryamkin (20) Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
Anton Rodin (23) Brynas

NCAA
Thatcher Demko (18) Boston College
Ben Hutton (21) Maine
Joseph Labate (21) Wisconsin
Matt Beattie (21) Yale
Mike Williamson (21) Penn State
Patrick McNally (22) Harvard

ECHL
Dane Fox (20)
Curtis Valk (21)
Ludwig Blomstrand (21)
Alexandre Mallet (22)
Joe Cannata (24) (Ontario Reign)

AHL
Hunter Shinkaruk (19)
Brendan Gaunce (20)
Nicklas Jensen (21)
Ludwig Blomstrand (21)
Mike Zalewski (22)
Alexandre Mallet (22)
Linden Vey (23)
Ronalds Kenins (23)
Alexandre Grenier (23)
Alex Friesen (23)
Darren Archibald (24)
Wacey Hamilton (24)
Kellan Lain (25)
Carter Bancks (25)
Dustin Jeffrey (26)
Brandon DeFazio (26)
Cal O’Reilly (27)
Frank Corrado (21)
Jeremie Blain (22)
Peter Andersson (23)
Henrik Tommernes (24)
Alex Biega (24)
Ryan Stanton (25)
Bobby Sanguinetti (26)
Joacim Eriksson (24)
Jacob Markstrom (24)

S_C

---

Say goodbye to:

Unsigned:
Jordan Schroeder (24)
Yann Sauve (24)
Zac Dalpe (24)
Jeremy Welsh (26)
Benn Ferriero (27)
Mike Santorelli (28)
Pascal Pelletier (31)
Colin Stuart (32)

Traded:
Kellan Tochkin (23) (traded to Carolina)
Steven Anthony (23) (traded to Florida)
Patrick Mullen (28) (traded to Ottawa)
Jeff Costello (23) (traded to Tampa Bay)

Contract Terminated:
Zach Hamill (26)
Adam Polasek (23)

Also a Link for:

Utica Comets Contracts:
F – Patrick Kennedy (25)
D – John Negrin (25)
D – Kane Lafranchise (26)
D - Kent Huskins (35)

S_C

---

Since Canucks' Army is doing a series on all the Canuck prospects, I thought I would reboot this thread and link all the articles. Each has a wealth of information on them for those who typically do not follow prospects.

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/9/9/prospect-profile-2-hunter-shinkaruk

Last edited by a moderator:

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Grance...that's the first typo ive seen...usually it's Guance...:sarcasm:
and finally someone recognizes Hutton's potential....i have him neck in neck with Corrado
Subban is weebit high but dont mind at all
anywhere from 15-19 is quite interchangeable, more preference

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Grance...that's the first typo ive seen...usually it's Guance...:sarcasm:
and finally someone recognizes Hutton's potential....i have him neck in neck with Corrado

anywhere from 15-19 is quite interchangeable, more preference

I have no idea what you're talking about. >.>

I feel the same way about Subban. Granted, he still has a ways to go before making a legitimate impact, but that kid has some significant skill for where he is. Whether it translates to the AHL and eventually the NHL remains to be seen.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I really dig Canucks Army's top 10 so far. Guessing Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Corrado, and Erikcsson round things out. I'm pretty optimistic.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I really dig Canucks Army's top 10 so far. Guessing Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Corrado, and Erikcsson round things out. I'm pretty optimistic.

I'm going to guess that's Vey in there and not Ericksson.

I have Gaunce ahead of Jensen, but I guess it comes down to what factors you consider.

Agreed, I'd put him around Corrado... whom I'd also put ahead of Jensen

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice

Ericksson was #11 on the list last year. Considering only a few outside the top 7 from last year have made the list, safe to say he will be off the top 20 list this year.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013

I'm going to guess that's Vey in there and not Ericksson.

They confirmed Vey won't be in the prospect list. He'll count towards the main roster profiles since he's pretty much guaranteed to be in the line-up this season.

Also, Ericksson looks like he's off the list entirely shockingly, because you're both forgetting McCan.

My best guess for the rankings is:

1. Horvat
2. Virtanen
3. Shinkaruk
4. Corrado
5. Jensen
6. McCan

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Our prospect pool is looking pretty damn zesty these days

Another double first round draft and we are looking mighty fine... Maybe no top end guaranteed talents barring 2015 but we do have some really nice looking pieces.

I guess Vey is not considered a prospect anymore....

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
They confirmed Vey won't be in the prospect list. He'll count towards the main roster profiles since he's pretty much guaranteed to be in the line-up this season.

Also, Ericksson looks like he's off the list entirely shockingly, because you're both forgetting McCan.

1. Horvat
2. Virtanen
3. Shinkaruk
4. Corrado
5. Jensen
6. McCan

Yep, Eriksson isn't bumping McCann off our list entirely so he must be considered graduated or too old for their list. Your order looks about right too, based on Corrado and Jensen being closer to NHL ready than McCann (though I'd personally have McCann ahead of them both, but I understand why he isn't).

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton

1. Horvat
2. Virtanen
3. Shinkaruk
4. Corrado
5. Jensen
6. McCan

I agree with your order. I could see Virtanen and Shinkaruk switch spots, as well.

DoubleTrouble

Jun 18, 2010
Fraser Valley
vaperbc.com
This is a nice problem to have.. with so many great prospects

My list goes like this

1) Horvat
2)Virtanen
3)Demko
4) Shinkaruk
5)McCann
6) Gaunce
7)Jensen
8)Corrado
9)Tryamkin
10) Vey
11) Cassels
12)Hutton
13)Subban

This is my list of players i think will play for the Canucks at some point

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
This is a nice problem to have.. with so many great prospects

My list goes like this

1) Horvat
2)Virtanen
3)Demko
4) Shinkaruk
5)McCann
6) Gaunce
7)Jensen
8)Corrado
9)Tryamkin
10) Vey
11) Cassels
12)Hutton
13)Subban

This is my list of players i think will play for the Canucks at some point

Do you mean in a permanent position. IE. more than a few years?
Because Jensen has already played for the Canucks, as you probably are aware.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Yep, Eriksson isn't bumping McCann off our list entirely so he must be considered graduated or too old for their list. Your order looks about right too, based on Corrado and Jensen being closer to NHL ready than McCann (though I'd personally have McCann ahead of them both, but I understand why he isn't).

I expect them to have Corrado at six and McCann at 4.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Dane Fox ‏@dane_fox 1m

Great summer back home with family and friends! Back in Vancouver ✈️

Looks like Fox is back in the city. Anyone else excited as the Young Stars Tournament is dawning upon us?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don't get how people always have Jensen so low down on our rankings list. The kid is only 21 and he's proven he can score goals at a high level in the OHL, AHL, and SEL. He was inconsistent in his first NHL stint, but most skaters are. He still scored at a 15 goal pace and showed he was an NHL caliber player in all 3 zones.

Given all that, and the fact that he's also 6'3" and over 200lbs, I think he should be higher. Why people put Gaunce ahead of him for example surprises me.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I think Jensen is put lower than Gaunce because people expect Gaunce to top out as a better player overall. Plus, right now Gaunce is exciting because he is just moving into the pros and we can all dream about how good he may be one day, before reality sets in and we find out exactly what we have and how his game translates to the pros.

DoubleTrouble

Jun 18, 2010
Fraser Valley
vaperbc.com
I don't get how people always have Jensen so low down on our rankings list. The kid is only 21 and he's proven he can score goals at a high level in the OHL, AHL, and SEL. He was inconsistent in his first NHL stint, but most skaters are. He still scored at a 15 goal pace and showed he was an NHL caliber player in all 3 zones.

Given all that, and the fact that he's also 6'3" and over 200lbs, I think he should be higher. Why people put Gaunce ahead of him for example surprises me.

I like Jensen and think he will be a good NHL player.. I have him at 7

I just think Gaunce is a better all round player and has more up side.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
If Gaunce is unable to score in the NHL, he can still contribute on the 3rd or 4th lines.
If Jensen isn't in the top 6, he is going to the AHL.
Jensen has more raw talent (offensively), but Gaunce is a much more versatile player (checker, grinder, faceoff man).

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

I can understand why they're pessimistic when you look at the surface numbers. He played a lot of AHL games without a lot to show for it.

I always bring up his Shots Per Game as an example of how things are more optimistic under the hood. Pretty clearly turned a corner in the second half of last season and had a pile of production to show for it.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I think Jensen is put lower than Gaunce because people expect Gaunce to top out as a better player overall. Plus, right now Gaunce is exciting because he is just moving into the pros and we can all dream about how good he may be one day, before reality sets in and we find out exactly what we have and how his game translates to the pros.

To quote Barney from HIMYM, "Newer is always better".

Jensen finished last season well but has been lost in the mix because of all the talk, expectations that Shinkaruk, Horvat and Gaunce will push for spots. I think Jensen will be one of the young players who will not only push for a spot but win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad