Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's a no-risk move I guess, bringing Cedarholm to NA.....he's an RFA at the end of next season, so if he makes the Comets all well and good.....and if he ends up in the ECHL, it's no real loss either......but yikes!....unless the Canucks are active in the free-agent market for d-men, that Comet blueline is shaping up as a black hole.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's a no-risk move I guess, bringing Cedarholm to NA.....he's an RFA at the end of next season, so if he makes the Comets all well and good.....and if he ends up in the ECHL, it's no real loss either......but yikes!....unless the Canucks are active in the free-agent market for d-men, that Comet blueline is shaping up as a black hole.

Cederholm was not good enough to play for the Comets even when they were playing as many PTOs as regulars.
He went back to Sweden and couldn't make an SHL team.
This is just a move to get his contract off the books.
If he makes the Comets, it will be evidence that Vancouver has not done a very good job of supplying the Comets with a compotent AHL defense.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Cederholm was not good enough to play for the Comets even when they were playing as many PTOs as regulars.
He went back to Sweden and couldn't make an SHL team.
This is just a move to get his contract off the books.
If he makes the Comets, it will be evidence that Vancouver has not done a very good job of supplying the Comets with a compotent AHL defense.
I'm keeping an open mind on Cederholm simply because the exact same thing could be said about McEneny because both players were buried in KZoo two years ago and never called up with PTOs used instead. Statistically both were the top two dmen in the Zoo and McEneny proved to be a solid top four with the Comets when given a chance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. If he can't handle the speed of the AHL game then send him down to the E and get out of that contract next year but I would like to see him get a real shot in Utica. He is known to play a physical game which is an element lacking in Utica.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So i guess hes no good? Any relation to the other Holm we just signed or is part of his last name just a coincidence? If he helps out the Comets great if not this could be a nother head scratcher

Nope....different tree species....one Holm is a "Cedar'....the other is a 'Maple" or is that a 'maybe'.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Abols going to Sweden gives us extra years of eligibility to sign him if I'm not mistaken?

Anyways, there's dozens of guys like Abols—not much to get excited over.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Abols going to Sweden gives us extra years of eligibility to sign him if I'm not mistaken?

I'm not sure actually. The Canadiens had their right's to Reway extended when he went off to Europe, but that was because he was 19 at the time and still had junior eligibility. Since Abols is now 21 and can't go back to junior the same ruling wouldn't apply to him.

It might be possible to have the Canucks right's to him extended by having him deemed a defected player.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I don't think so, since he was drafted out of the CHL. We have his rights until next year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
There's a discussion about D'Aoust in the Comets thread.

Canucks must lead the league in signing un-drafted 'projects' from the Q....Carcone last year and MacEwan and D'Aoust this year....meantime most of their 5th -7th rounders like Abols, Neill, Olson and Zhukenov end up walking way unsigned.....it's a bit of head-scratcher.:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad