Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXXIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosko Thorn

Jul 4, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Jasek had 2 assists in a shootout loss today. He missed in the shootout.

I have no idea how the Czech U20 playoffs work or how his team is doing.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Tue Mar 28

QMJHL Playoffs

Acadie-Bathurst 7 Quebec 3
Abols 1 assist, +2

Acadie-Bathurst leads series 3-0

Chicoutimi 5 Victoriaville 2
Zhukenov 1 assist, +1

Chicoutimi leads series 3-0

Charlottetown 3 Baie-Comeau 1
Brisebois 0 points, even
Neill 0 points, +1

Charlottetown leads series 3-0

Cape Breton 5 Gatineau 2
MacEwen 1 goal (3rd), +1

Gatineau trails series 0-3

OHL Playoffs

Kingston 4 Hamilton 2
Candella 0 points, even

Hamilton leads series 2-1

London 1 Windsor 3
Juolevi 0 points, +1
Chatfield 1 assist, +1

London trails series 1-2

WHL Playoffs

Regina 5 Calgary 2
Stukel 0 points, even

Calgary trails series 0-3

S_C

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
This is good news, I guess. He was drafted out of Russia so that gives us another 2 years to decide whether we'd like to sign him. Maybe he blossoms over there and becomes an intriguing prospect worth signing.

1. If the Canucks want to sign him, his signing in the KHL could be decidedly bad news. Not only would it indicate he is taking a route that isn't the most direct to the NHL, but only if he signed for only one season there would the Canucks retain negotiating rights. Otherwise, he'd become a draft-related unrestricted free agent on June 1, 2019.

2. Of course, the rumour might not be true. The linked report indicates it is doubtful.

3. I haven't seen any indication about whether or not the Canucks want to sign him. I'm not looking to see people argue about whether they should or not (ie I'd rather not have this become a discussion based on his attributes or level of play) but does anyone have anything that indicates whether the Canucks actually intend to sign him?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So MacEwan's season and junior career could be over before the weekend...does he surface in Utica?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Jasek desperately needs to come to NA if he wants to prove that he has any upside whatsoever. I'm not seeing him developing more over in Czechia.

Also, this is assuming that Molino is defensively responsible since he's on the PK so much for WM but I'm getting some Tambellini vibes from him

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't see much chance of the Canucks signing either Jasek or Zhukenov....Euros who'll likely spend their careers in European national leagues.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
what's the preliminary list of prospects we'll be looking at?

I dunno, haven't drafted half of 'em yet!

But seriously it should be a more interesting tournament than last year with Boeser able to play and our first pick this year likely to be a forward. Plus hopefully we keep our high 2nd this time and there's another not-too-much-of-a-project to keep an eye on.

Edit: Ah Dahlen too! Definitely want to see him.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Is it too early to be looking forward to Youngstars?

Yup! Should be a good team this year.

1st/2nd/3rd this year (if not NCAA)
Boeser
Juolevi
Subban
Brisebois
Dahlen
Goldobin? (possible not, but I feel he'll be there due too not establishing himself at the NHL level yet)
Demko
McKewn
Virtanen? (I know he missed last year, but I'd like to see him there again, if only to drive home the piont that he needs too earn everything he gets)
NCAA free agents/CHL overagers.
McEneny
Etc.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Isn't it generally if you've played 1.5 seasons + as a professional. Then you generally won't be participating in the young stars game

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I don't see much chance of the Canucks signing either Jasek or Zhukenov....Euros who'll likely spend their careers in European national leagues.

Zhukenov having a good playoffs so far. Tied for 2nd in the Q with 8 points.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Yup! Should be a good team this year.

1st/2nd/3rd this year (if not NCAA)
Boeser
Juolevi
Subban
Brisebois
Dahlen
Goldobin? (possible not, but I feel he'll be there due too not establishing himself at the NHL level yet)
Demko
McKewn
Virtanen? (I know he missed last year, but I'd like to see him there again, if only to drive home the piont that he needs too earn everything he gets)
NCAA free agents/CHL overagers.
McEneny
Etc.

Won't be playing

Guys with over one year of pro hockey
Goldobin
Virtanen
McEneny
Subban

Will likely be playing

Joulevi
McEwen
Brisebois
Chatfield
Demko
Gartieg
Jasek
Carcone
Milano
Dalhen (season in Sweden may have started so might interfere)
Candella
Stukel
Zhukenov (if not playing in Russia)
LaPlante
MacKenzie

Also well could include Olsen, Neill and Abols as unsigned prospects. Other invitees like Moynihan will be on the roster as well.

Could include Boeser but I doubt it. See him going directly to main camp and out of prospect category. Cassels might be included like Valk was last year. (other teams agreeing so Canucks can fill out the roster)

Also you have the players they draft this year

NCAA guys like Gaudette and Lockwood are stupidly not allowed to play.

Roster will be no better than ok.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Won't be playing

Guys with over one year of pro hockey
Goldobin
Virtanen
McEneny
Subban

Will likely be playing

Joulevi
McEwen
Brisebois
Chatfield
Demko
Gartieg
Jasek
Carcone
Milano
Dalhen (season in Sweden may have started so might interfere)
Candella
Stukel
Zhukenov (if not playing in Russia)
LaPlante
MacKenzie

Also well could include Olsen, Neill and Abols as unsigned prospects. Other invitees like Moynihan will be on the roster as well.

Could include Boeser but I doubt it. See him going directly to main camp and out of prospect category. Cassels might be included like Valk was last year. (other teams agreeing so Canucks can fill out the roster)

Also you have the players they draft this year

NCAA guys like Gaudette and Lockwood are stupidly not allowed to play.

Roster will be no better than ok.

Boeser most definitely will be there. He's the definition of a prospect.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Wed Mar 29

ECHL

Alaska 2 Fort Wayne 5
Moynihan 0 points, -1
Laplante 0 points, -1
Stewart 0 points, -1

QMJHL Playoffs

Acadie-Bathurst 4 Quebec 1
Abols 1 goal (3rd), +2

Acadie-Bathurst wins series 4-0

Chicoutimi 4 Victoriaville 3
Zhukenov 1 goal (2nd), 3 assists, +3 (selected 3rd star)

Chicoutimi wins series 4-0

Charlottetown 4 Baie-Comeau 1
Brisebois 0 points, +3
Neill 1 assist, +2

Charlottetown wins series 4-0

Cape Breton 3 Gatineau 4
MacEwen 2 assists, +3 (selected 2nd star)

Gatineau trails series 1-3

WHL Playoffs

Prince George 6 Portland 1
Olson 1 goal (1st), even

Prince George leads series 2-1

S_C

Boulette Canon

Aug 16, 2006
Habs fan coming in peace. Saw MacEwen's two PO matches and he is an absolute BEAST for Gatineau. Seriously, you guys have a great pick and I must admit I'm jealous. Does everything right, big, skates like the wind... he has been Gatineau's best player so far against Cap Breton.

Seems to be the best player on the ice for both teams ATM. I'm thinking his game will translate well into the NHL (maybe better than Abramov? Surely better than Trenin!)...

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Habs fan coming in peace. Saw MacEwen's two PO matches and he is an absolute BEAST for Gatineau. Seriously, you guys have a great pick and I must admit I'm jealous. Does everything right, big, skates like the wind... he has been Gatineau's best player so far against Cap Breton.

Seems to be the best player on the ice for both teams ATM. I'm thinking his game will translate well into the NHL (maybe better than Abramov? Surely better than Trenin!)...

Thanks for the post.

I know he is a UFA over ager so expectations should be tempered...but I am intrigued by this guy, like his package of size, toughness, skating and skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad