The pros and cons of trading Cody Franson

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I think Franson is a bit underrated. Our system used last year was archaic and didn't follow what we see on more productive teams. If we employed a modern system, Franson's play ought to improve. He's still the best tape-to-tape passer on the team. Let's not trade him for nothing.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I don't really care either way, if we keep him or trade him, but it would be interesting to see how he performs under an actual system

Tyler Biggs*

He did have a defensively solid year when he played with Fraser, and they were leading the team in plus/minus all year. I think he would be great if paired with Polak; a similar player to Fraser although much better.

Right now I'd say Franson's ideal spot (on any NHL team) is a 5th dman who plays on the power play. I am not sure if there are 4 guys on this team that are ahead of him though. Potential is there for more from him. Hope he can reach it!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Pros: Depending on the specifics of the trade the team could improve either now or in the future.

Cons: Depending on the specifics of the trade the team could get worse either now or in the future.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Some of the posts in this thread are utterly ridiculous.

The only pro to trading Franson, is the return we may get. We don't have cap issues, and he's one of our 6 best defencemen.

As for the cons... plenty. There's nobody with a shot anywhere near Franson's quality. The guy is very physical. He's an effective PKer and at clearing the crease. Overall, you replace a superior defenceman with an inferior one, and it perpetuates the culture of losing that we should be desparate to rid ourselves of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad