The Price of winning: Habs win 3-1

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Not having Eller/Sekac playing better is all MT's fault imo. He single handedly destroyed their confidence from top to bottom to make some sort of statement or i don't know. I guess he thought the hard way was the best but in their case it was a brutal management of assets.

Sekac never played bad. He was a beast every game until MT decided he needed rest. First time this tactic worked but now scratching him again and publicly criticizing him when you know the mtl market... It was really stupid. MT holds a grudge against this guy and we're never gonna know. Now that Sekac is completely destroyed he gets a few chances on the pp here and there, but in reality he's sinking. Now he's average instead of awesome because of MT, and it's not gonna get better sadly.

He showed so much patience with DD who did nothing for 30 games but always got first pp wave treatment and gave him all the time and chances to have any kind of success.

MT can thank patches and Price.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I honestly think he needs to take a page out of Derrick Brassards book.
Crosby convinced him to take a few inches off his stick and change the lie.
This allowed Derrick to control the puck closer to his body and effect sharper turns.
Eller likes to control the puck but it is often too far out in front of him and he can't maneuver along the boards as well as he should.

My ole man would have kept him on the bench until he had a stick the proper length.
Totally old school but totally correct.
I've lived the experience and improved my game dramatically when i finally listened.:D
Better stick handling passing shooting and even skating you need to take tnat extra stride instead if just reaching out for the puck...

Use DD's for a game or two... LOL

Very good hockey post! Kudos!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just watched the game this morning....little family reunion yesterday....Fun game to watch. Never seen a Habs with so much jump than at the start of the game. Beaulieu looks incredible. Tinordi....not so much. We have to hope that it's just adaptation....but it was his problem before and still is now....slow decision making. Even Pateryn looks better in that department. And fighting....well....something broke and he should choose his opponents. Boll was and is a tough customer. But then a Tinordi who choose his opponents....not sure there's a need for that. Anyway, let's see how he develops lately, Beaulieu developped incredibly great.....Pateryn looks fine....I guess he can do it too.

Thomas fight....hey, I want the fights out as I see that it serves no purpose....but I have to admit, as a pure entertaining value...that was fun to watch. I do have a violent side to me....:sarcasm:

Max is Max. Not sure if we could do it now and how the reset of the bunch will take it....but I'd name him captain like right now.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Has the flu.

let-me-think-about-it-not-funny.jpg

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
It's amazing that the Eller fans here want him traded so he can "stick it" to the team. I guess you've run out of excuses as to why his play is once again ineffective in the middle of the season?

When Eller gets moved and has a hot streak I'm pretty sure you won't shut up about it. When he's out of the league before his 30th birthday like Andrei K was I'm sure we will see the "Bring back Eller!" Threads every two weeks.

This is a predictable story.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
First time I've seen Pateryn play...he is NHL material. Not high end material, bottom pairing skill. Guys like that let you move a more expensive d-man for a pick and free up some caproom in process. Mike Lalor impact type, not exact player, but same impact.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
First time I've seen Pateryn play...he is NHL material. Not high end material, bottom pairing skill. Guys like that let you move a more expensive d-man for a pick and free up some caproom in process. Mike Lalor impact type, not exact player, but same impact.

Yeah he could be kept around in the weaver role (6th-7th) if he can maintain or even elevate his game a little in between now and next season.

I also thought Gilbert looked good tonight with Boylow. Gonchar was better but he did not look out of place playing 22-25 min the last 2 games.

Pricef*

You can always improve, once you stop critiquing your performance and get complacent with the results, well my friend, thats when you become the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Who by the way fired their coach and decided to focus more on analatics. How did that work out for them?

Pricef*

The Habs can't score and have a terrible road PP (last in the NHL on the road) so unless Price keeps playing like he's been I can see the Habs slipping in the standings during that tough stretch. MB needs to add some scoring sooner rather than later. We'll see what the Habs are really made of during this stretch. :nod:

Also, before the TDL we have @STL, @CBJ then home vs Leafs not so bad. MB needs to get busy in improving this roster. After the TDL we have the dreaded West Coast road trip.

Pricef*

Very Funny...:laugh:
Let's see how this plays out.
MB gave Eller a new contract and a vote of confidence after his 2014 PO's.
He now is reportedly actively offering him up.
What happens to MT's security if this occurs?
After all his play is a direct reflection of MT's coaching.
For some reason coach can't get him working properly with his Gestapo tactics. :help:

Let's not put any accountability on the player right?:shakehead

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Let's not put any accountability on the player right?:shakehead

Lars Eller had a Brian Savage hot streak with Gallagher and Galchenyuk. The line pretty much went cold aside from one game and soon, Brendan Gallagher was taken off the line. People freaked out saying the line was broken up despite it only being one player. Galchenyuk still put up points while Eller went cold. Eventually Galchenyuk was then taken off the line and the new narrative was Eller isn't given good wingers. In the playoffs he suddenly starts scoring with one of those "not good wingers' in Bourque but almost exclusively during home games. Come the next season, Eller once again goes cold and this time doesn't have a fancy hot streak to the start the season. Instead it's all banking on his play in the playoffs. Fernando Pisani moves up and down the lineup, loses his center spot and despite playing with Plekanec and Sekac still can't get anything done.

None of this is his fault though. It's all Therrien. Nothing is ever Eller's responsibility.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Putting Price in was a stroke of genius.

zing zang!

if ur goalie isnt ur best player u aint goin anywhere

Yeah, Like Cory Crawford, Antti Niemi, Chris Osgood, Marc Fluery, Yeah. ur rite m8

I honestly think he needs to take a page out of Derrick Brassards book.
Crosby convinced him to take a few inches off his stick and change the lie.

This is not old school. Offensive wingers especially should use shorter sticks and skate low.

1 in how many years with that roster?

He was replying to Haburger's absurd post about goalies having to be your best player to win cups, citing Crosby and Malkin being better than Fluery, which is obviously true.

But you completely and utterly misunderstood his amusing and correct reply and just lept right in, disagreeing vehemently, when there was no argument to be had. :handclap:

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Lars Eller had a Brian Savage hot streak with Gallagher and Galchenyuk. The line pretty much went cold aside from one game and soon, Brendan Gallagher was taken off the line. People freaked out saying the line was broken up despite it only being one player. Galchenyuk still put up points while Eller went cold. Eventually Galchenyuk was then taken off the line and the new narrative was Eller isn't given good wingers. In the playoffs he suddenly starts scoring with one of those "not good wingers' in Bourque but almost exclusively during home games. Come the next season, Eller once again goes cold and this time doesn't have a fancy hot streak to the start the season. Instead it's all banking on his play in the playoffs. Fernando Pisani moves up and down the lineup, loses his center spot and despite playing with Plekanec and Sekac still can't get anything done.

None of this is his fault though. It's all Therrien. Nothing is ever Eller's responsibility.

Or maybe it's not 100% on either Therrien or Eller? Eller certainly needed to have been doing better than he did, while Therrien most certainly could've helped him out in a similar manner to what he did for DD, or at the very minimum not disparaging him to the media multiple times.

They both share the blame, IMO. That being said, I'm sure you'll angrily disagree, so if your reply to this post is gonna be yet another I-bitterly-hate-Eller-and-anyone-who-thinks-hes-not-garbage post, just don't bother replying, ok?

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Not having Eller/Sekac playing better is all MT's fault imo. He single handedly destroyed their confidence from top to bottom to make some sort of statement or i don't know. I guess he thought the hard way was the best but in their case it was a brutal management of assets.

Sekac never played bad. He was a beast every game until MT decided he needed rest. First time this tactic worked but now scratching him again and publicly criticizing him when you know the mtl market... It was really stupid. MT holds a grudge against this guy and we're never gonna know. Now that Sekac is completely destroyed he gets a few chances on the pp here and there, but in reality he's sinking. Now he's average instead of awesome because of MT, and it's not gonna get better sadly.

He showed so much patience with DD who did nothing for 30 games but always got first pp wave treatment and gave him all the time and chances to have any kind of success.

MT can thank patches and Price.

What are you talking about? Sekac was playing like **** before he was scratched. Something like 0 points in 18 games. He's been given the opportunity to play on the PP and on the 2nd line with Plekanec and Eller.

Stop blaming every player's struggles on MT.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What are you talking about? Sekac was playing like **** before he was scratched. Something like 0 points in 18 games. He's been given the opportunity to play on the PP and on the 2nd line with Plekanec and Eller.

Stop blaming every player's struggles on MT.

0 points post-scratch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad