The Price of winning: Habs win 3-1

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I dont see alot of talk about it but how awesome was that Thomas fight .... I love the quote about how his dad said whoever throws the most punches usually wins lol

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Wow I might be late at the party but anyone caught Desharnais secondary assist on Pacioretty 2nd goal? He literally just stood leaned forward for 10 seconds while the play devleopped, really funny at 2:55

To be fair he won his faceoff and the passing lane probably never opens up if Dubinsky and dd arent tied up together.

Analyzer*

Wow I might be late at the party but anyone caught Desharnais secondary assist on Pacioretty 2nd goal? He literally just stood leaned forward for 10 seconds while the play devleopped, really funny at 2:55

I'm not sure if no one else notices this, but this happens quite often during the game if the attacking team wins it. I've seen Plekanec stay there and tie up the opposing centre.

Personally, I think it's dumb for Montreal to do. If he loses the faceoffs, he's going to scramble to the front of the net to try and block the shot and will be a screen. A screen is something none of our forwards do.

You routinely see a shot from the point with no one in front, or even worse, no one within 10 feet of the net.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
while it wouldn't have mattered I didn't like seeing Subban skate by the net. Though, he's probably seen our forwards do it so many ****ing times he's forgotten that you're suppose to stop at the net to score and prevent goals.

That bugged me too. His solution for giving up body position in front was to leave two guys there and calmly circle behind the net as if there was nothing to possibly be done. WTF. Stop. Get between your goalie and whoever is standing around, no matter what's up. Not that hard.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Upon seeing that replay, DD was actually instrumental in that goal. He won the faceoff clean then prevented the center from intercepting that cross-ice pass from Beaulieu by standing in the way of the CBJ center.

Smart.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Anybody has an animated gif of Bournival's pass on that 2 on 1? All my friends and I could do is burst out laughing at how pathetic it was. lol

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
People have a right to be mad at the coach, Sekac still is a better and more effective player than Bournival, Weise, Thomas, Prust, DLR and Malhotra. It's ridiculous to bench a player like Sekac who's shown he's actually a good 3rd line player and icing a worst roster than you would have just because he's going through a slump. He's also been put in a more prominent role since being inserted back into the lineup, which can explain why he's been more noticeable. Tbh, him and Eller have been very unlucky in their slump, they've had their fair share of chances. Especially recently since being inserted into the top 6, if they keep this up they're going to start producing soon.

Even if Sekac is a better player than those guys you named, doesn't mean that he was playing as good as them. He was struggling to do anything on the ice and Therrien benched him. He is a ROOKIE in the NHL and I love him but he hasn't proven ****.

Bournival was scratched many times too. You have to let him play sometimes so that he can show what he can do. You can't let Bournival sit 82 games either so a rotation of struggling players is the right way to do it.

Sometimes it's okay to have a rookie watch the game from up top. I'm not saying to bench him for 82 games either.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Upon seeing that replay, DD was actually instrumental in that goal. He won the faceoff clean then prevented the center from intercepting that cross-ice pass from Beaulieu by standing in the way of the CBJ center.

Smart.

Yeah I really don't see how you can bash DD on that one. Did exactly what he was supposed to. What a play by Beaulieu though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad