Movies: The Predator: The real sequel to Predator?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well this movie did worse then originally thought

Now has the worst opening weekend of a movie in 4,000+ theaters pushing "The Mummy" from that slot. The Mummy had a $31.6M opening weekend in 4,035 theaters last year

The Predator debuted in 4,037 theaters = $24M opening weekend estimate
Predators debuted in 2010 in 2,669 theaters = $24.76M opening weekend

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Why can't they just adhere to the established lore, is my main question.

Meh movie. The comraderie was fun, especially Thomas Jane and his BFF, everything else and everyone else was mediocre to blah

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It's gonna suck. I feel it in my bones and I love Predator. Why can't they just make a different monster movie and let this one die?
Wouldn't it be great if the movie rocked?
I so want to be on board as i also like predator.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
It's a total mess, but I still found myself enjoying it. Everyone seems like they're having fun. I thought Sterling K. Brown and Trevante Rhodes were particularly noteworthy.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Where is the Elder council through out this hot mess? The Yautja are elitest and purist ass holes who see their species as the best thing since slice bread.

There is no f***ing way in hell some upgrade is allowed to roam the galaxy or be endosed in any way by the council or Yautja society at large. It would be considered an abomination just as much as a pred alien is.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Looks alright from the trailer. But it will never ever be able to compete with one of the best - if not the best action movie of all time and that's the original Predator.

I just checked its ratings and user reviews on imdb, they're terrible wow.

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Predators was a reasonable, safe and logical sequel. It didn't jump the shark or try to be something it wasn't. Why it gets so much flak is completely beyond me.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Film dropped 65% at box office in wk 2 and down to 4th with 8.7M

Predators (2010) dropped 68% in its wk 2 with 10.4M so The Predator continues to underperform a movie that cost far less to make

The Predator is officially a major disappointment for Fox and it is hard to see them justifying anymore major Predator films anytime soon

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Why can't they just adhere to the established lore, is my main question.

Meh movie. The comraderie was fun, especially Thomas Jane and his BFF, everything else and everyone else was mediocre to blah

What established lore would that be? The one where Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, and Soldier link to the Alien universe thanks to Prometheus and Convenant, but cancels out the Predator link due to the xenomorph not being created by David until after the events of AVP, Requiem, and Predator 2 could have possibly taken place?

The AVP series were thanks to Kevin J. Anderson using Weyland Industries also links to the crappy Death Race remakes?

The Predator novel universe written by the cyberpunk hack that gives the species a completely different name and personality?

The original Predator novelization which is set in Val Verde making Commando, Predator, and Die Hard take place in the same universe?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
What established lore would that be? The one where Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, and Soldier link to the Alien universe thanks to Prometheus and Convenant, but cancels out the Predator link due to the xenomorph not being created by David until after the events of AVP, Requiem, and Predator 2 could have possibly taken place?

The AVP series were thanks to Kevin J. Anderson using Weyland Industries also links to the crappy Death Race remakes?

The Predator novel universe written by the cyberpunk hack that gives the species a completely different name and personality?

The original Predator novelization which is set in Val Verde making Commando, Predator, and Die Hard take place in the same universe?

In regards to the Predator elder council, and the xenophobic tenancies of the Yautja, I would point to the graphic novels and the comics.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Saw it couple days ago and they butchered it big time. I thought the cast was really good but for some reason the whole 'loonies' angle bothered me. Thomas Jane is the ultimate badass and they portrayed him as half Pejorative Slured. Holbrook and Rhodes were good and I thought Alfie Allen was good too. The angle they went with just doesn't do it for me. I won't say too much so I don't spoil but cringed at the end.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Love this guy's channel...

Really don't get how they just can't get this franchise right. It's such a simple and straightforward movie concept. Thomas Jane having an idiot's impression of what Tourette's Syndrome, making dick and p***y jokes is the epitome of why this movie sucked so hard.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Love this guy's channel...

Really don't get how they just can't get this franchise right. It's such a simple and straightforward movie concept. Thomas Jane having an idiot's impression of what Tourette's Syndrome, making dick and ***** jokes is the epitome of why this movie sucked so hard.

Thomas Jane's parts were hard to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad